How do i get rid of ads on home screen of samsung s8

Mikkos

Jan 3, 2018
Visit site
I choose to opt out all, and it stop the pop ads, at least for now. For me, it is kinda intrusion into our property.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180103-181433.jpg
    Screenshot_20180103-181433.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20180103-181515.jpg
    Screenshot_20180103-181515.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20180103-181525.jpg
    Screenshot_20180103-181525.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20180103-181655.jpg
    Screenshot_20180103-181655.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 35

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I've been forced to pay for Adguard. Be sure to sideload from site and not use crippled version on Playstore.

Not against advertising but they are abusing the capability.

Alvdan88

May 10, 2016
Visit site
Most likely a Third Party app is creating this! What Non-Stock apps do you have on your phone? (Meaning Downloaded to your phone) If you give me a list i can let you know exactly which app is causeing this. Thanks!

I choose to opt out all, and it stop the pop ads, at least for now. For me, it is kinda intrusion into our property.

Ads By Google had nothing to do with ads Pop-ing up on your screen, Yes it probably fixed it for your issue, But there are other applications that you could be using/Downloaded that are not considered "BAD" but might have some kind of code within it to create "Homescreen/Pop up Ads"

Last edited by a moderator:

favcolorblu

Dec 10, 2016
Visit site
Odd because I went through every single "Third Party" , "Non-Stock", "Download", not "factory installed", and wat not to find the ad is still there on my friends phone when trying to help her. Thought of factory resting the phone as scanners will or did not remove them either. I am pretty tech savvy so this will be fixed next time see her; have some other ideas going to try like it is possible that it's coming from a source that was tricked into opting in for the Ad or as well try to change/add the startup theme (wallpaper) to see if it will get rid of it.

Last edited:

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Any flashlight apps on your phone? Some of those are the worst with ads on the screen.

Does it have any battery booster apps, ES file explorer, or Flash Keyboard?

Check this list if the phone has it:

• Amber Weather Widget • ES App Locker • GO apps (of note: GO Weather, GO SMS, GO Keyboard, Next Browser) • Kingo Root • KittyPlay Wallpapers, Ringtones • TouchPal apps (TouchPal makes multiple keyboard apps) • Xender (file transfer app) • Zero Team apps (of note: Z Camera)

These are all known apps that can put adware your phone and put unnecessary ads on your homescreen

Last edited by a moderator:

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Application can hide themselves. Not going to announce itself being in plain sight if it's malware. Call it "stealthware" but would show 'something' running Top.

waynezill@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2018
Visit site
On my phone it was the Flashlight app I had installed that was doing that issue. It is being caused by one of your apps. I uninstalled and installed a different flashlight app and the issue went away.

John Ryan6

Feb 13, 2018
Visit site
I found the culprit by pressing recents as wspaw suggested above. I had the same pop ups problem and tried removing several apps that were identified as usual suspects, like the flashlight. Malwarbytes was no help. I solved my problem by deleting S Photo Editor that came prebundled on my new Samsung S8 plus. No more pop up ads since I deled that.

Last edited:

Mat777

Jul 15, 2018
Visit site
If you press your Recents button on the navigation bar while the ad is playing, you can long press the icon in the top left of that window. It will identify the offending app. You can then uninstall it. FLV Player did this to me about once a day. I finally found this solution in a thread on this forum and it worked.

Thank you a lot !!!!!! Simple & genius. Worked perfectly for me! I've been struggling from a long time... Thanks once again!

Jarriel08

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
Does it have any battery booster apps, ES file explorer, or Flash Keyboard?

Check this list if the phone has it:

• Amber Weather Widget • ES App Locker • GO apps (of note: GO Weather, GO SMS, GO Keyboard, Next Browser) • Kingo Root • KittyPlay Wallpapers, Ringtones • TouchPal apps (TouchPal makes multiple keyboard apps) • Xender (file transfer app) • Zero Team apps (of note: Z Camera)

These are all known apps that can put adware your phone and put unnecessary ads on your homescreen

I just downloaded es file explorer pro, does that get rid of the ads?

TamMus

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I installed Go Weather yesterday and I started getting banner ads on my home screen.
Just FYI, I had used Go Weather in the past and I did not have the ads.
I removed Go Weather and the ads are now gone.
It looks like they added this annoyance to the app. Too bad. I really liked it but now I have no interest in it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej