How Do I Get Rid of Annoying Google Popup Demanding I Install More of Their Apps?

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I have found the search box on occasions to be a little temperamental which is why I suggested the original longer routing.

Although I have no experience of the Oreo version of Android which is the one previous to mine (Pie), I would have thought it would have been named the same or something similar but perhaps not.

You could try searching on "Android set" or just "Setup" and see if anything similar shows up in the drop down search results.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Toggle your Android set up back on.
Open the playstore, settings, confirm no auto update is toggled.
Clear the cache partition and reboot.
If it persists more then twice in 1 boot up, follow the advice by others above if not done yet and dusable/force stop the Google apps you don't want.
Good luck

TechTimid

Jan 20, 2019
Visit site
Thanks to all for your time and advice. Methodman, your suggestion about no auto update seems to have worked, thank you. :)

TechTimid

Jan 20, 2019
Visit site
I just changed that no auto update setting because now my GPS app isn't functioning properly today. I never saw a toggle for Android setup. Thanks anyway, but I think I'll just deal with the popup, or let them install the apps and try to disable them, since I understand I won't be able to removed them.