How do I get rid of volume limit on android

Mahesh Abnave

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
How do I get rid of volume limit on galaxy note 10 lite? I tried turning OFF volume limit and also by turning it ON while keeping volume limit to max volume. But none helped. In both cases, I was not able to increase volume past 50%.

And this is utterly irritating. It s*cks really really hard!!! Today I downloaded a youtube video on home WiFi so that I can watch it while travelling. But I wasn't able to listen to anything due to high ambient noise during traveling. With volume limit, I can still listen at home, as the noise isnt that much, but today, I realised that I simply cannot listen to anything while traveling due to high noise outside.

Here is the screen recorded video of steps I followed:

Note that the grey volume controls on right appear on clicking physical volumne buttons.

I am running Android 11 and One UI v 3.1.

Either this is a stupid bug or I am missing something super stupid... What is it?

Mahesh Abnave

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes / no. In the safe mode, volume limit does not work at all. We can increase the volume regardless whether the volume limit is OFF or ON with low volume limit. Here is the video trying out the volume limit in the safe mode:

So, yes / no: YES: we can increase the volume to MAX, but NO: volume limit doesnt seem to work at all.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes / no. In safe mode volume limit does not work at all. We can increase the volume regardless whether the volume limit is OFF or ON with low volume limit. Here is the video trying out volume limit in the safe mode:

https://youtu.be/lkerH4OWyqw

So, yes / no: Yes we can increase the volume to MAX, but no: volume limit doesnt work at all.
Ok thanks , do you use any power savings mode ?