How do I get the Sprint screen off my phone when it starts up?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
So I've unlocked my S8 now. I do not like the Sprint screen that shows when I start the phone up. Is there a way to foash this off my S8 along with removing all the Sprint bloat ware? I've disabled them but I want them gone. Especially the Sprint screen upon start up. Anyone know how to safely remove this. I was thinking I will have to flash it with a rom of some sort but that is the extent I think I know. Anyone done this or know. It can go for any carrier phone in terms of getting their start up screen to be gone like its w clean unlocked version. Now that mine is unlocked I need sprint to go far, far away from me. Thanks for any help. Would XDA have the solution? Just a thought. I have never flashed a phone before so I am in need of some sound direction and or advice. Thanks a lot!!

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Check out the screen shot.
168dc4c268a6ee84a5566f1bf772b076.jpg

Soylent_Green

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
So you unlocked an already unlocked phone? seems rather counterintuitive. By default the S8/S8+ on the big four at least in the US are factory unlocked, to go from one carrier to the next you just flash that carriers firmware on your device. That's the only real way to use it with another carrier without having the Sprint startup screen. I am sure the unlocked firmware would work fine as well but don't hold me to that.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
So you unlocked an already unlocked phone? seems rather counterintuitive. By default the S8/S8+ on the big four at least in the US are factory unlocked, to go from one carrier to the next you just flash that carriers firmware on your device. That's the only real way to use it with another carrier without having the Sprint startup screen. I am sure the unlocked firmware would work fine as well but don't hold me to that.

They most certainly are not unlocked. The only one that's partially unlocked is Verizon. The rest are carrier locked.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Verizon's is completely unlocked. All you need to do is replace the SIM and change the APN settings. T-Mobiles is also unlocked. AT&T disables the LTE bands of the other carriers.

My coworker, who is on Verizon, just used his S8 in Japan. He bought a $50 SIM popped it in the phone and it worked fine. His S8 is Verizon branded.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Verizon's is completely unlocked. All you need to do is replace the SIM and change the APN settings. T-Mobiles is also unlocked. AT&T disables the LTE bands of the other carriers.

My coworker, who is on Verizon, just used his S8 in Japan. He bought a $50 SIM popped it in the phone and it worked fine. His S8 is Verizon branded.

Not quite completely. CDMA and EVDO are not.

Also, T-mobile's isn't unlocked. Hence why it comes with their device unlock app preinstalled.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Mine as of tonight is no longer carrier branded as a buddy of mine flashed the firmware on it and now there is no trace of sprint on my S8 anywhere. It's also now unlocked to any carrier. It's like I bought an arctic silver from direct from Samsung unlocked and no carrier bloat ware. It didn't take him long to do it but it was above my pay grade to attempt it. He flashed it and also unlocked it to any carrier. I will indeed be heading back to cricket now. My experience with Sprint was awful to say the least.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Not quite completely. CDMA and EVDO are not.

Also, T-mobile's isn't unlocked. Hence why it comes with their device unlock app preinstalled.
That's irrelevant when it comes to using it on a GSM/LTE network. Furthermore, Verizon is already dismantling its CDMA network. And... There are non CDMA phones that work on Verizon. The HTC U11, which has no CDMA, works on Verizon. The catch is, it won't work where there is no Verizon LTE, which is rare.

Like I said, my co-worker, used it in Japan with a non-Verizon SIM. He had full LTE.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Mine as of tonight is no longer carrier branded as a buddy of mine flashed the firmware on it and now there is no trace of sprint on my S8 anywhere. It's also now unlocked to any carrier. It's like I bought an arctic silver from direct from Samsung unlocked and no carrier bloat ware. It didn't take him long to do it but it was above my pay grade to attempt it. He flashed it and also unlocked it to any carrier. I will indeed be heading back to cricket now. My experience with Sprint was awful to say the least.

How did he unlock your phone?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
How did he unlock your phone?
Hes got this developer account of some sort I didn't even have to be present as all he needed was my IMEI number. I would have cost me near $100 to unlock it if I had done it myself but since he has a deveolper Certification he is a member and it cost me only $55. Takes about 48 hours business days to fully unlock. He flashed my branded carrier firmware and bloat ware off for free and it only took him 15 minutes. I know he downloaded the driver's from XDA to do that. He's a former apple engineer in security so he's brilliant in his world so I always defer to him. Do you want me to ask him what direct site or membership he has to unlock for you that way you can look it up? I just know I'm carrier branded free now and fully unlocked come Monday. The carrier free from bloat ware is awesome. Not a trace of sprint is on my S8 now. No apps or no Sprint screen that comes up when I start my phone. Let me know if you want me to ask him what unlock method he used.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
That's irrelevant when it comes to using it on a GSM/LTE network. Furthermore, Verizon is already dismantling its CDMA network. And... There are non CDMA phones that work on Verizon. The HTC U11, which has no CDMA, works on Verizon. The catch is, it won't work where there is no Verizon LTE, which is rare.

Like I said, my co-worker, used it in Japan with a non-Verizon SIM. He had full LTE.

Yes, but you said it was fully unlocked. It is not.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Yes, but you said it was fully unlocked. It is not.
It is as of Monday lol. What's the difference and what does it matter lol? It will be Monday as they process the only on week days. I started the process on Friday morning. It maybe already unlocked but I know for sure on Monday. It's fully unlocked man. If it's not it will be Monday and I can let you know.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084