How do I now save .mts video files to from an SD card to my internal memory?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Before the PIE update I could plug in an adapter into my USB port, stick in my SD cards from my Sony camera and easily play those .mts files through Video Player. That still works. But I can no longer copy/move .mts video files from my external SD card to my internal phone storage. What the hell?! Worked FLAWLESSLY before this update

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the card is formatted as internal (or adoptable), that's moving a file from internal storage to internal storage. Internal SD cards don't exist as cards, logically, they're part of internal storage.

If the card is formatted as external (or portable) (or it's an LG or Samsung device - they don't allow internal card format), just use any file manager app to copy (don't move) the files. (If a move blows up at the wrone time, you can lose both the source and destination files.) If the copy is successful, delete the originals.

And please register an account here if you want to continue the discussion, so we can keep it here. (A guest user can't respond to an existing thread.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez