How do I restore LG Android backup to Galaxy S4

Taigia

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

I got a new Samsung Galaxy S4 and I like it but I'm having a problem trying to back up data from my previous smartphone, a LG Leon.

I used LG PC Suite to back up my contacts, pictures, bookmarks, apps, everything I want, to my PC. But when I tried to use Samsung Smart Switch to transfer everything on to my new S4, it doesn't recognize any of it.
I went selected the folders I made in Smart Switch and they are empty but when I check them in Windows Explorer they are full. It wouldn't even recognize my music and ring tones.

Anyone know how you get these two android devices to properly move data between them?

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I would guess that you can't, since the LG PC Suite is designed specifically for LG phones. Smart Switch can move data from non-Samsung phones to a Samsung phone, but it has to be installed on the non-Samsung phone -- it won't be able to interpret the data saved by LG PC Suite.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Care to elaborate on which transfer program? 3rd party transfer programs often don't ensure a smooth transfer of all data. You'd also need the old phone, since that 3rd party program is almost certainly not compatible with the data backed up in LG PC Suite.