How do i stop android tablet from locking when it detects physical keyboard detaching

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

i have a samsung galaxy tab s4 (lte). it came with a physical keyboard which is useful but twitchy as heck.

The slightest movement, i.e. when typing with the tablet on my lap, causes a brief disconnect from time to time. It's only brief as it reattaches right away again and my keyboard keeps working.

problem is, as soon as it detects the detach, it locks the screen, then i have to tap a key and wait some seconds while the facial id does its thing. Happens several times and kills my productivity (and my mood).

How can i disable the auto-lock when it notices the keyboard detaching? just keep it up and running and when it reattaches within miliseconds i can just keep working without interuption.

My tablet is not rooted (yet), but i have no problem doing that if it will help with a solution (once a dependable root method is available for this device)

thank you

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Just a guess, may not work. Go to Settings -> Lock Screen -> Lock tablet instantly with power button ...turn that off. This works for the cover closing, maybe it will work for your needs.

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Just a guess, may not work. Go to Settings -> Lock Screen -> Lock tablet instantly with power button ...turn that off. This works for the cover closing, maybe it will work for your needs.
This is a partial fix. When I disconnect the tablet from the keyboard, my tablet doesn't lock anymore, but the screen does still shut off and I have to give a quick double tap to light it back up...but at least it doesn't lock and require me to go through the unlock process so it's a step in the right direction. I'm guessing this must be an oversight from Samsung. Maybe a future update will correct that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12