How do I stop endless marketing messages every time I look at Lock Screen?

Chevy-SS

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
New S21 here. Just getting used to it. One thing that annoys the living Hell out of me is all the stupid messages I am getting on my Lock Screen. I don't want ANY marketing messages. It's pure torture to me. I will root the phone or throw it out if I have to.

Please someone help: How do I stop endless marketing messages every time I look at Lock Screen?

s21a.JPG

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
New S21 here. Just getting used to it. One thing that annoys the living Hell out of me is all the stupid messages I am getting on my Lock Screen. I don't want ANY marketing messages. It's pure torture to me. I will root the phone or throw it out if I have to.

Please someone help: How do I stop endless marketing messages every time I look at Lock Screen?

View attachment 340788
You use Spotify or have it on the device?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's going to be up to each individual app. For example, in Spotify, tap the gear icon, scroll down and tap Notifications, then turn off notifications for things like Spotify News and Offers, Product News, etc.

Chevy-SS

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
You use Spotify or have it on the device?

No, I don't use Spotify. But even if I did, I would not want those notices. They drive me crazy, haha. It's just a pet peeve of mine. Nowadays it seems like everything is being over-marketed, and the barrage of marketing is almost all useless (to me, anyway).

On my old phone you cannot uninstall most apps. Is it different on the S21? Can I actually get in there and get rid of the bloatware??

Thanks very much!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No, I don't use Spotify. But even if I did, I would not want those notices. They drive me crazy, haha. It's just a pet peeve of mine. Nowadays it seems like everything is being over-marketed, and the barrage of marketing is almost all useless (to me, anyway).

On my old phone you cannot uninstall most apps. Is it different on the S21? Can I actually get in there and get rid of the bloatware??

Thanks very much!
Yeah , B. Diddy turn off notifications works if you do have them installed, yes there are some you can uninstall otherwise look into these 2 to get rid of bloat that normal would have to root .

Alliance Shield X -play store (free)
My personal favorite (paid)
https://www.packagedisabler.com/

Chevy-SS

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah , B. Diddy turn off notifications works if you do have them installed, yes there are some you can uninstall otherwise look into these 2 to get rid of bloat that normal would have to root .

Alliance Shield X -play store (free)
My personal favorite (paid)
https://www.packagedisabler.com/

Woohoo, thanks again. If it's your "personal favorite", then it's a no-brainer for me. I will be installing packagedisabler....... :cool:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Woohoo, thanks again. If it's your "personal favorite", then it's a no-brainer for me. I will be installing packagedisabler....... :cool:

Did you already check in Settings>Apps to see if you can uninstall Spotify, or at least Disable it? If you can do either of those, you wouldn't have to use Package Disabler.

Edox

May 8, 2012
Visit site
It can set any app whether it wants or not to be notified ... in that case Spotify as well...also been using Package Disabler for 5-6 years..Screenshot_20220127-173613_Settings.jpg

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
The Google Assistant one is an email, just unsubscribe from it. Google gives you the links at the bottom on the email.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star