How do I stop the WiFi Pop Ups?

Effenhimer

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Either root, or just don't have any wifi networks remembered on your phone (with wifi turned off of course). I have only seen a pop up once for my home network when I came home from work the day after I got my phone. I unremembered my network, and haven't seen it since.

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
You'll have to used the AnyCut method forum this. Just Google 'Galaxy SIII Wifi Notification AnyCut' and you'll find it within the first 5 results.

You don't need to be rooted to stop the pop-up.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Its making me crazy. The phone keeps asking to connect to WIFi networks with pop ups any way to get rid of this?

If you havent seen the number here it is ,its in the quote below orginally posted by this guy
from the [Hack]Remove WiFi reminder thread.I added the link to that thread here , post #16
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...78-hack-remove-wifi-reminder.html#post1993899

I found this comment to the article about the nagging WiFi popup on Slashgear. This does not require root or any apps. It accesses the hidden menu via the phone dialer. I did this and no more pop-up.

To those who wish to remove the wifi popup, NO NEED TO DOWNLOAD ANYCUT!
simply open the dialer and enter the following code:
*#6335623#

this will open "HiddenMenuWifiOffload" menu.
select "Disable WifiOffloading"
press OK
done! :)

Edit added info: also by Davidoo1
After you enter the string of numbers in the dialer you dont press send .He said after he entered the # key it went to the menu box that allowed this notification to be disabled

Last edited:
Reactions: cl36 and ekk

tmax1964

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
If you havent seen the number here it is ,its in the quote below orginally posted by this guy
from the [Hack]Remove WiFi reminder thread.I added the link to that thread here , post #16
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...78-hack-remove-wifi-reminder.html#post1993899

Edit added info: also by Davidoo1
After you enter the string of numbers in the dialer you dont press send .He said after he entered the # key it went to the menu box that allowed this notification to be disabled

OMG thank you that works like a charm.. Wonder how many other code #'s takes care of anything else. LOL is there a list of them how did they find this out

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
The setting under wifi is for when Wifi is ON. Try rebooting and opening another app with wifi OFF near a network you've connected to and saved before. If you don't get the popup, consider yourself lucky.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
The setting under wifi is for when Wifi is ON. Try rebooting and opening another app with wifi OFF near a network you've connected to and saved before. If you don't get the popup, consider yourself lucky.

Mine just connected automatically. WiFi off, rebooted and it connected to my home WiFi after startup. I have never had that popup.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Mine just connected automatically. WiFi off, rebooted and it connected to my home WiFi after startup. I have never had that popup.

You have the option under advanced checked to auto connect. The problem is with people who DON'T want to connect to wifi. Some of us are still on unlimited so there's really 0 benefit of using wifi.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for not sharing the number

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

It's nothing that couldn't be found with 5 seconds of searching or scanning the thread list page. Just searching wifi in the title gives 20 results, most of which are on this very subject. Really should be stickied since it seems that people like to create a new thread every day.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
You have the option under advanced checked to auto connect. The problem is with people who DON'T want to connect to wifi. Some of us are still on unlimited so there's really 0 benefit of using wifi.

Doesn't WiFi use less power than lte? That would be a benefit.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Sure but the battery life on LTE is more than acceptable on the GSIII.
In my experience a weak LTE signal kills the battery. In my area LTE signal strength seems to change by the block. When I'm home I prefer wifi and I do have unlimited data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz