How do I take smart news off of my lock screen?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

When I turn on my phone news and articles will pop up and I have to hold tap and hold the screen until it brings me to my lock screen.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

I'm not sure what you mean by, hold tap and hold the screen...

In the meantime, is this something that just started?

What device do you have?

Have you looked through your lock screen settings? Typically in the lock screen settings there will be items that you can enable or disable to be displayed on the lock screen. You'll find options for how much detail should be displayed on your locked device, so whether you want the whole SMS or just a snip or just an icon. This is where I would start.

I'm not familiar with Smart News, have you checked the app settings? I had an app that took over my lock screen when I downloaded another app, did you begin noticing this after downloading another app?

Tell us what you find and give us a bit more information about your issue so we can offer better advice. If you would like to reply to this thread and receive notifications when others leave replies, please create an account. This link will help you do that.. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

cq109

May 1, 2022
Visit site
Hopefully youve figured this out by now, but for anyone hoping to use this thread reference to fix the same problem, Look for a preinstalled app called Online Plus. Diasable it. You are welcome :)

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully youve figured this out by now, but for anyone hoping to use this thread reference to fix the same problem, Look for a preinstalled app called Online Plus. Diasable it. You are welcome :)

Welcome to Android Central.

Thanks for taking the time to both register and respond to this thread. Don't take this the wrong way but this thread is from Sept. of 21. Not the oldest thread I've seen responded to. Not that long ago someone awakened a thread from 2016 or 17, it happens. LOL. We never heard back from the OP on this one so no telling if they ever found a solution.

As a member it'll be great to see you around on the different boards and if you can help with issues all the better to join in the conversations. See you around.

issr222

Mar 10, 2023
Visit site
That was annoying.:confused:
Just got new smartphone and got settings that saved to the cloud loaded and making needed adjustments since new phone a little different.
Then days later this newsfeed/ads pop up.
I deleted most recent added app suspecting third party ads but that did not work.
Turns out the phone did come with Oneline Plus and I was unable to uninstall it while setting phone up :(
Hope that is the last of the pop up ads by using app blocking ads and disabling Online Plus.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That was annoying.:confused:
Just got new smartphone and got settings that saved to the cloud loaded and making needed adjustments since new phone a little different.
Then days later this newsfeed/ads pop up.
I deleted most recent added app suspecting third party ads but that did not work.
Turns out the phone did come with Oneline Plus and I was unable to uninstall it while setting phone up :(
Hope that is the last of the pop up ads by using app blocking ads and disabling Online Plus.
Welcome to AC!

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using AC Forums mobile app

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc