How do I turn off Cell Standby on my Galaxy Grand Prime?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I've been using my Galaxy Grand Prime for well over four months now, ever since my LG Aristo 2 Plus got run over by a car... long story. Just recently, like maybe 1-2 weeks ago the battery started to drain really fast, and I mean like it would get charged to 100% over night and get unplugged and barely used at all during the day (from 7 AM to 4 PM), and when I turn it back on by 4 PM it's at 3%. I've checked battery usage and it's telling me that Cell standby has 89% of use, its time on is 1d 12h 29m 5s, time without signal 1%, and total connection time is 16h 26m 59s. Can anyone help me with this?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That device is running outdated Andriod and battery looks like needs to be replaced, possible the battery you find aren't any better then one you currently have , stand by just let's u know how long it's been in stand by not thats it's killing your battery. Your better off getting something more current.

If you have further questions
I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here, As a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When Cell Standby battery use is high, that usually means your cell signal is poor. If you turn off the cell radio (by turning on Airplane Mode) and then turn wi-fi back on, that should help -- but obviously, you may have problems with making phone calls or texting (although if you have wi-fi calling, that might help).

But I agree with mustang7757 wholeheartedly -- that phone is way too old. If you can afford it, get a newer phone (and you can find decent ones for <$100).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87