Question how do I use X-plore to find the Ringtone folder ???

Judy85805

Jul 16, 2024
Visit site
how do I use X-plore to find the Ringtone folder ???

when I get - to - system > media > ---- - I see that "audio > ringtones" is Not there . Its strange because - the Default ringtone - still rings on that Tone - but the Folder is gone ??? Please Help ???

my mobile is Samsung galaxy A11 .

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central forums.

I just want to be sure I'm following you on this.

Are you trying to change the ringtone or delete one of them? Why are you looking for their folder?

While most devices have a folder named "ringtones" most apps that save or create ringtones don't save them to this folder. Default ringtones are not stored here generally either. Most apps store them in their personal folders and default ringtones are stored in a system folder that you likely are not able to access. This goes back to my question, why are you looking for this folder?

It might be more helpful to tell us what your goal is and we can help you with that.

Judy85805

Jul 16, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central forums.

I just want to be sure I'm following you on this.

Are you trying to change the ringtone or delete one of them? Why are you looking for their folder?

While most devices have a folder named "ringtones" most apps that save or create ringtones don't save them to this folder. Default ringtones are not stored here generally either. Most apps store them in their personal folders and default ringtones are stored in a system folder that you likely are not able to access. This goes back to my question, why are you looking for this folder?

It might be more helpful to tell us what your goal is and we can help you with that.
Im trying to get to the Default folder - system > media > audio > ringtones, but when I get to - system > media > ---- - I see that "audio > ringtones-folders are Not there - I set hidden folder -to be Unhidden . The Only thing I want to at the moment is to get to that system default ringtone folder . A Long time ago - I added my Music folder to be the new -Rigtone folder - but Now it will not show me the default folder anymore .

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
What happens when you skip trying to navigate to it and just search for it?

So on my Samsung I use the default file manager app, My Files, and it has a search bar at the top of the main page. I type "ring" and hit enter it shows me the ringtone folder. It is completely unpopulated for me. I haven't added any ringtones to this device. I don't think you'll be able to see your default tones. They are in a system folder for whatever they are calling your ringtone picker. One other interesting thing I noticed was, when I use the audio sort feature of my file manager, it showed me a hand full of audio files that I have saved or created and one that was a tone, when I looked at the details for that file I found it in a folder called Notifications. So you may also want to look in your Notifications folder.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking you would try this in your X-plore app since you want to default to that app.

In your previous post you say,
A Long time ago - I added my Music folder to be the new -Rigtone folder
By what method did you do this?

How long ago are we talking? The last time I can remember seeing the ringtone folder and it being populated by the default ringtones was Android 5 or 6, maybe 7, but it was a loooonnng time ago.

As simply as I can put it, I do not believe you will be able to find or look at this folder today. This is because Android, and maybe it's just Samsung, has stopped allowing users to even see the folders belonging to the apps installed on our devices without rooting the device. Rooting, some may call it jailbreaking, involves unlocking the Bootloader to gain access to the root of the internal storage drive. If you can access this, you would find the folder containing your ringtones in a folder inside of the [app] that allows you to choose your ringtone. So if that app was named, Jims Ringtone Picker, you would likely find a app folder named, com.jimsringtonepicker, and inside of that you would find a folder possibly named, Ringtones, Media, Data, or something else that would indicate where the tones are stored.

I did do a quick search just to see if there were any directions out there and found these directions.
How do I access app files on Android?
  1. Open the File Manager app on your device.
  2. After launching the app, go to your device's internal storage or SD card.
  3. Find the “Android” folder and open the “data” or “obb” subfolder.
  4. Locate the corresponding app folder.
I didn't go into the article or view any more of the directions to see how accurate they are but you can view the link here.

If you are just trying to add music or personal selections to this list there are a myriad of ways to do this. The Zedge app is likely one of the most popular apps for this but there are dozens of ringtone apps at the Play Store. A quick search shows this top list of ringtone apps here.

If you are trying to remove tones, it likely isn't possible to remove stock ringtones without root access, at least no way that I'm aware of and that's not to say it doesn't exist but you'd be more likely to find it by asking the internet.

I'm sure none of this is what you want to hear however I believe this is the best I think we would be able to help you with here.

Good luck, best wishes

Reactions: Laura Knotek

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The key thing here is that the user does NOT have access to system directories, which would include the directory used by the system for preinstalled ringtones. A similar example would be preinstalled wallpapers. In order to get access, you'd have to root the phone, as VidJunky mentioned above, but I wouldn't recommend this unless you're a pretty experienced Android user.

Judy85805

Jul 16, 2024
Visit site
I was thinking you would try this in your X-plore app since you want to default to that app.

In your previous post you say,

By what method did you do this?

How long ago are we talking? The last time I can remember seeing the ringtone folder and it being populated by the default ringtones was Android 5 or 6, maybe 7, but it was a loooonnng time ago.

As simply as I can put it, I do not believe you will be able to find or look at this folder today. This is because Android, and maybe it's just Samsung, has stopped allowing users to even see the folders belonging to the apps installed on our devices without rooting the device. Rooting, some may call it jailbreaking, involves unlocking the Bootloader to gain access to the root of the internal storage drive. If you can access this, you would find the folder containing your ringtones in a folder inside of the [app] that allows you to choose your ringtone. So if that app was named, Jims Ringtone Picker, you would likely find a app folder named, com.jimsringtonepicker, and inside of that you would find a folder possibly named, Ringtones, Media, Data, or something else that would indicate where the tones are stored.

I did do a quick search just to see if there were any directions out there and found these directions.
How do I access app files on Android?
  1. Open the File Manager app on your device.
  2. After launching the app, go to your device's internal storage or SD card.
  3. Find the “Android” folder and open the “data” or “obb” subfolder.
  4. Locate the corresponding app folder.
I didn't go into the article or view any more of the directions to see how accurate they are but you can view the link here.

If you are just trying to add music or personal selections to this list there are a myriad of ways to do this. The Zedge app is likely one of the most popular apps for this but there are dozens of ringtone apps at the Play Store. A quick search shows this top list of ringtone apps here.

If you are trying to remove tones, it likely isn't possible to remove stock ringtones without root access, at least no way that I'm aware of and that's not to say it doesn't exist but you'd be more likely to find it by asking the internet.

I'm sure none of this is what you want to hear however I believe this is the best I think we would be able to help you with here.

Good luck, best wishes
2 years ago, not that Long ago.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I feel like its been longer than that since I've seen it but then again I haven't been looking so perhaps you're correct. What was your method then? When is the last time X-plore updated? Is it still a viable app, receiving updates and patches from the developer? Have you considered trying a new app to add items, such as Zedge? Have you reached out to the developer of X-plore? Perhaps there is something we're missing, not being regular users of this app?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cvetan_78