How do you like your Nexus 10?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
first thing you do even before login in is update to latest software. dont enter your gmail id and password.
just connect to wifi and skip everything. update to latest OS. factory reset and then login when it boots up. will have no issue what so ever.
Did this very thing on my Nexus 4 and it's been perfect.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

jasonbird

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
loving mine so far...only had for a couple hours...the planet earth video that comes with it is amazing. no issues at so far. can't wait for the pogo dock to come out. need to get a casse for it as well....

tofo17

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Well for most of you, you already have your nexus 10. Was wondering how you like them so far? Stock or rooted? Roms that you use? Mine will be here tomorrow and I'm kinda looking for ideas, sense I'm new to android but read up on rooting, should i keep it stock for a while or shall i root it when i get it? Does it void your warranty? Thanks in advance.

Had mine since day 1 and love it! I don't know if I'm just lucky but I rarely get reboots or freezes though they do occur occasionally (others seem to think location services are the culprit, maybe because I'm in Australia it doesn't cause the same issues?). As someone else mentioned, it reboots so quickly that it doesn't particularly bother me when this does occur

Aside from a small amount of light bleed it's pretty perfect. Speed, ergonomics and of course "that screen" are simply outstanding. Bonuses for me are great battery life (maybe my expectations are low having never owned an iPad?) and sensational value for money.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

luvsmobile

Luvzmobile
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
It's definitely an os bug. Ever since I turned off location based services and started using an alternate browser, I've not had one reboot or freeze. Listen I'm not giving Google a pass on this. They should have never released it with this bug and frankly IMO, they have been to slow to fix it. That being said, I think they will fix it. If they do not I would be very disappointed and surprised.

OTACORB

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
It's definitely an os bug. Ever since I turned off location based services and started using an alternate browser, I've not had one reboot or freeze. Listen I'm not giving Google a pass on this. They should have never released it with this bug and frankly IMO, they have been to slow to fix it. That being said, I think they will fix it. If they do not I would be very disappointed and surprised.

I was simply not willing to take the chance. I did all the things you did, turning off location service, not running widgets, using a different browser (seriously). I still had issues with it freezing up and rebooting while watching Netflix no less. Google put out 4.2.1 and it has been totally crap. They damn sure are not getting a pass by me.

luvsmobile

Luvzmobile
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I was simply not willing to take the chance. I did all the things you did, turning off location service, not running widgets, using a different browser (seriously). I still had issues with it freezing up and rebooting while watching Netflix no less. Google put out 4.2.1 and it has been totally crap. They damn sure are not getting a pass by me.

Do what you have to do, Its your money. I choose to keep mine invested in Google. They will fix it. Good luck:)

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
You should have made sure to update your OS before adding any apps. I took my last Nexus 10 back do to screen problems and what i did when i got my new one is update my OS to the latest. Then factory reset, signed in and it started auto adding my apps. I have location services on and have yet to get a single reboot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
broiscooking