how do you remove contacts? :s

Blooblabb

May 27, 2012
Visit site
probably the most noobiest question you'll see here, but i'm actually confused. i just got my first smart phone (HTC one S), and download a few apps like go launcher ex, signed into facebook, youtube etc. then i go to the phonebook, and its filled with about 30 random friends from my facebook account that i dont even talk to, and i cant see any option to delete them.

i went to settings>apps>contacts storage and cleared data but that didnt work either. wtf? how do i get these people out of my contacts!

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Go to People>Menu>View, uncheck Facebook...this will hide the Facebook contacts from People but they will still be there if you search all contacts.

or

Settings>Accounts & Sync>Facebook. Uncheck Sync Contacts. This should remove all Facebook contacts from the phone. If the contacts are still there after unchecking Sync contacts, go back to Accounts & Sync and remove the Facebook account. Then sign back in using the Facebook app and make sure to select "Do not sync contacts".

Blooblabb

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Go to People>Menu>View, uncheck Facebook...this will hide the Facebook contacts from People but they will still be there if you search all contacts.

or

Settings>Accounts & Sync>Facebook. Uncheck Sync Contacts. This should remove all Facebook contacts from the phone. If the contacts are still there after unchecking Sync contacts, go back to Accounts & Sync and remove the Facebook account. Then sign back in using the Facebook app and make sure to select "Do not sync contacts".

alright thanks the second part worked

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex432