How does one use Swype?

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It's not necessarily long emails, but the type of language used within. I work in electronic commercial security, so I tend to use a lot of part numbers, model names, and manufacturers' names that are impossible to type using Swype. So at that point, Swype becomes useless as I have to manually type out one out of every four words and there are better keyboard options for that.

So, as I said, it depends on the user as much as Swype's capabilities. I know it's fine for most people, but for me, it's rather inefficient. I used Swype from right after launch until Swiftkey was out of beta, so I'd say I put it through it's fair paces.

I understand.. I actually work in Aviation Spares (parts) and I have to manually type out a ton of part numbers that you can't swype if you wanted to because they mix and match numbers and letters with dash's and slashes....

But for basic conversation it works great..

seraphemz

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I understand.. I actually work in Aviation Spares (parts) and I have to manually type out a ton of part numbers that you can't swype if you wanted to because they mix and match numbers and letters with dash's and slashes....

But for basic conversation it works great..

But you only have to really do it once per part, cause it will remember it next time.

And if you say " i hardly type the same part" well then you would have to type those with a regualr keyboard as well.

Positives greatly outweight the negative on that aspect.

Lord Vader

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't impressed with Swype. For one thing, it is not meant for landscape mode, which I use 99.9% of the time when texting or Emailing. I went back to SwiftKey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garthS153