How good is DeX with Microsoft Office? ( Looking to dump apple )

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
Him i have used office with Dex and it works well. I personally prefer a portable wired monitor for dex on my S10+ when using office apps as wireless Dex on my huge TV has text too small for my eyes.

But yes, Dex works well. It is pretty smooth and you can multitasking with it and you can still get texts and notifications on it. I use a wireless keyboard and mouse with mine.

Hope this helps.

I got the note 20 ultra, and I have a wired portable monitor showing up tomorrow. I will spend next week exclusively using just the note for all my work needs. I have a feeling its going to crush it and work exactly how I need it to work. I messed around a little bit on my son monitor with dex, I was actaully blow away by the phone having gestures like a track pad. 3 Finger swipe switched between open apps like it does an a pc.

Last edited:

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I got the note 20 ultra, and I have a wired portable monitor showing up tomorrow. I will spend next week exclusively using just the note for all my work needs. I have a feeling its going to crush it and work exactly how I need it to work. I messed around a little bit on my son monitor with dex, I was actaully blow away by the phone having gestures like a track pad. 3 Finger swipe switched between open apps like it does an a pc.
That sounds great. I figured out how to increase the font size in Dex so it also works well with my TV now. You go into settings in dex and there is the option to increase font size in there.

But the portable monitor is great and yes it is truly a first class desktop solution.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I am currently over in the iPhone camp but I am looking to make a switch and ditch everything apple, this includes my macbook air. My main question is how well does does dex work at replacing a pc for using office apps. I don't do anything wildly crazy with office other than some excel sheets, word documents, and one note. The spread sheets aren't massive or have a lot of different custom formulas, they are use to track data of clients and nothing else.

I am familiar with android, in the past switched between the 2 often. With my latest job I have been exclusively using the iPhone for the last 2-3 years. I miss android and everything about it and want to make a switch back. I was always hesitant due to everyone I communicate with having an iPhone. The accountability of using imessage with delivery and read receipts is really hard to give up. I was reading about read receipts on android recently and totally forgot that you can turn on delivery receipts from the carrier in sms. Now that I can get a receipt saying that the message was delivered, I really don't have to worry about it so much on android. In the united states you are at the mercy of the network when it comes to sms.

I have really been looking at the Note 20 Ultra and I feel that if dex works well with Microsoft office. I have no need to worry about lugging a computer around for work. With Microsoft partnering with Samsung I feel I will get a very similar experience to apple devices working well together.

If anyone has another tips for making a switch to the note from iPhone those would be appreciated. The last Samsung device I had was the Galaxy S8 +. I am sure there has been some changes to the UI and how well they work, the last note I ever used was the note 5. I have experience with Samsung, its just been a while.

It works extremely well. It is truly amazing and productive.

Budman40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a portable monitor I bough just for Dex, as well as my switch. I also have a 20,000 ml battery to use for this. The monitor i got is a Lepow, and the phone can power it just by plugging it in. The battery will charge the phone at least to the point of allowing it to not discharge while powering the monitor. I can also run Office 365 apps well.
I also have a cheap bluetooth mouse and keyboard which work well on this set up. Can't say anything bad about Dex and can only praise it. If you have something to plug the phone in to then Dex is great since it's all on your phone. Some apps won't run in Dex mode, but you can run them on your phone while in Dex mode, if that helps.

Using the words of Flossy Carter, I would say it's a major major Go!

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
I have a portable monitor I bough just for Dex, as well as my switch. I also have a 20,000 ml battery to use for this. The monitor i got is a Lepow, and the phone can power it just by plugging it in. The battery will charge the phone at least to the point of allowing it to not discharge while powering the monitor. I can also run Office 365 apps well.
I also have a cheap bluetooth mouse and keyboard which work well on this set up. Can't say anything bad about Dex and can only praise it. If you have something to plug the phone in to then Dex is great since it's all on your phone. Some apps won't run in Dex mode, but you can run them on your phone while in Dex mode, if that helps.

Using the words of Flossy Carter, I would say it's a major major Go!

I got a wireless monitor and a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard. I like the monitor I picked up from Amazon. It came with a little charger and when my phone is plugged into the monitor it keeps the battery level from dropping on the phone. It also came with a usb-c cable that my phone registers as hdmi so it triggers dex.

I have strictly been using dex as my personal pc this weekend and it has been working nice. I got all my office 365 set up for work and will give that a go tomorrow. If all works well the note stays and the iPhone goes!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards