How hot is too hot for my LG G3 phone? What dangerous temperatures should I be aware of?

little09

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I used to be an iphone user, I had my iphone 4 over four years! Finally I was able to upgrade and decided to switch to Android.

I got this LG G3 about a week ago and started noticing it was getting a little warm when I played games. (Deadman's Cross and Clash of Clans) Once it got pretty warm on the button, it was almost too hot to touch. SO I downloaded a temperature app and have been watching it but I don't know how HOT is too hot for my phone?

When it's idle it's around 105 F
When I do reg. things like web, facebook, photos it's around 120 F - 130 F
And when I game lightly it's at 140 F - 150 F and just recently I was gaming and it went up to 178 F

SO are these normal temperatures? I'm just worried and still have time to take it back if this is going to be a problem.

What are some dangerous temperatures I should be looking out for? Should I test it and play a game for a long time to see how hot it can get? Or should I be just keeping track and make sure I never over-use it... please help!

Thanks
-Angelina:)

Above the 130 degrees or above that you watching for can getting very hot when you playing some intense graphics, some app cause lagged due of too hot to handled. Hope your shiny dont let in steamy box or mention i said dont let your g3 getting cracked the egg on frying pan!

Posted via LG G3 Sprint

YoubiTheGreat

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys.
I read most of your treads and I still don't understand why we would check for reference for any temperature difference.
For me, if my Smartphone feel too hot to be comfortable in my hand, it is already a sign that there is a problem. I had a IPhone for 2 years and never got it to feel hot at any time while I was using it. Now, even if I like my LG G3 better than my old IPhone, I'm not the kind that play games on it. And I bought it first week of last September so it is not very old. And still, the other day, I just took it into my hand while it was charging, it felt hot a bit so I unplugged it and then 30min later, I hold it in my hand and it was very hot, even the heat transfert went to the surface of my desk and the battery went to 45%. It was pretty hot in my hand. So, nothing was happening at all, wasn't playing or doing anything with it, I was working on my laptop just aside. The other thing, did I miss something ? Something I didn't understand ? I like to read you guys but why if we are on Android Central we don't get answers from LG G3 maker or Android all together ? We, as customers, we can speculate about what is going on but what LG and Android have came together as an aswer to that problem ?

bigmick777

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I have just installed cpu temp on my g3. Stock 5.0 16gb.

My temperature is consistently 130 deg F. Or higher. It easily goes up to 140 - 150 playing clash of clans.

Just checked and at the moment it is 140.

There is an analyze function in cpu temp. That shows an average temp per app.

Clash is 134
Cup temp 131
Nova 122
Facebook 121

sleepyinsandiego

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I had a LG G3 and it always seemed too hot. In fact, the screen kind of started going out while it was under warranty. I got a replacement. Even with what seemed to be a heat problem, I liked it so much that I recently upgraded to a LG G4. Better camera, color and brightness. But this time I do have Temp apps installed because this one seems even hotter! It runs between 107 - 118 on light duty and 122 - 135 for gaming ....mostly stays at 130 gaming. But it seems incredibly hot. I am surprised there isn't any easily obtained official specs on what the temperature should run.

Tobyknows

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
Thank you. I'd like to root my phone but i'm scared to do it. I heard that it could cause problems, something called bricking? I'm not familiar with Android enough so I don't want to ruin my phone since I just got it. My phone still gets a little hot but it hasn't caused any problems so I'm hoping it's ok.

Also does anyone know, if I do ever root my phone, how do I go about doing it? does it have to be phone specific?
thanks

Tobyknows

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
Thank you. I'd like to root my phone but i'm scared to do it. I heard that it could cause problems, something called bricking? I'm not familiar with Android enough so I don't want to ruin my phone since I just got it. My phone still gets a little hot but it hasn't caused any problems so I'm hoping it's ok.

Also does anyone know, if I do ever root my phone, how do I go about doing it? does it have to be phone specific?
thanks

I wouldnt root a phone these days, early on i would root because certain functions were not allowed, you couldnt take screenshots, teathering was always an extra charge and so on, now all phones take acreenshots, tethering is included up to a certain data cap. And it does cause problems when you root, the phone can at times act unpredictable. And you void any warranty you have, also insurance, so i would avoid it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isaacmause