how is the camera?

Buddy1969

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Considering a lot of tests and comparisons on YouTube, the rear cameras are excellent. Auto-Modus tends to underexpose a bit in low light conditions, which is probably a problem of the software, because in manual mode you will be hard pressed to find a better camera on a smartphone.
Wideangle shots are much better on the V30 because it doesn't distort the edges as much as the G6 does.

The front camera is rather bad btw. No showstopper for me personally though, as I have made about 4 selfies in my nearly 20 years of smartphone usage :) but if you are a vlogger, you might reconsider.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Oh, it's better than the G6... Higher resolution leads to better detail, it is quicker, and they dialed back the processing a bit. In lower light it still tends to overwork the image a bit, so the noise reduction will lose texture and fine detail in lower light. The wide angle is much improved as well. It's still a tick behind the Pixels and the current Sammie's.

Buddy1969

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
For Point-amd-shoot I now installed the "Google camera" as an option. I think it gets in some low light situations better results to my taste.

gknicks

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a v30 for my work phone (note 8 for personal) I had the g6 before and my 30 is much better than the 6. Better pics, better looking screen.. Etc... Just better.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
For Point-amd-shoot I now installed the "Google camera" as an option. I think it gets in some low light situations better results to my taste.

I don't understand why LG doesn't improve their software. Using a third party app doesn't work with the dual camera in most cases.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smit007