How long

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Is it normally if you are be registered with Google wanting to buy s new phone, that they contact you before they start taking orders.

Hope it's before the 9th of October.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
They don't. You just get notified and if registered you get your place in line before the rest of the pre-orders, but you won't be contacted before they are open for everyone else.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Is it normally if you are be registered with Google wanting to buy s new phone, that they contact you before they start taking orders.

This must be your first time ordering a device at launch, I'm guessing? They'll announce on Oct 9th what they're releasing. During the same announcement, they'll 99% chance start taking pre-orders for the devices that day (though it could be a different day).

So last year's event was on the 4th. The announced pre-sales on that same day, so you could go ahead and order one. Actual release, I want to say, was on Oct 20th or so. That's when you'll actually get the phone.

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site

If P3 sales/shipping process is anything like the P1 and P2 process, prepare to practice patience and tolerance to the max. As I mentioned in another thread, there are gonna be a lot of very annoyed people around here.

Just sayin....

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
If P3 sales/shipping process is anything like the P1 and P2 process, prepare to practice patience and tolerance to the max. As I mentioned in another thread, there are gonna be a lot of very annoyed people around here.

Just sayin....

Lol!! That's when things really start bouncing off the walls. Oct 9th, then things really get going! :D

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Depends on the company. In some cases after signing up for updates, it was a few days to a week after I pre-ordered that I got a notification that their new devices were available. Your best bet is to look at tech blogs for info.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
WoW !

I would of thought Google would if been taking orders a week before October 9th.

And shipping them out a couple days before the 9th.
Nobody be would get them before the 9th.

I've pre-ordered them from Best Buy.
They had them in like 5 days later.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
WoW !

I would of thought Google would if been taking orders a week before October 9th.

And shipping them out a couple days before the 9th.
Nobody be would get them before the 9th.

I've pre-ordered them from Best Buy.
They had them in like 5 days later.

How could they take preorders a weak before anyone knows anything concrete about the phone? I don't know about you, but I'm not going to buy something without getting all the facts about it first.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm having trouble remembering last year. When did they announce what value dollar amount they were giving for Pixel one trade ins when ordering a pixel 2.? Was that at time of launch also

Torisen1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm having trouble remembering last year. When did they announce what value dollar amount they were giving for Pixel one trade ins when ordering a pixel 2.? Was that at time of launch also

Yeah it was at launch. I ended up trading in my Note 5 and giving my OG XL to my best friend. I'm curious how much I'll get for my Pixel 2 XL this year.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It's been freezing up at times.
Changing my set ring tones .
I've completely factory reset it several times.
It still does it after a day or so.

One way or another.
I'm getting a new phone.

Tired of Waiting.

That's the reason I always keep my last phone as a backup. If something does go wrong, I'm not forced to rush into a purchase just to fill a need, I can take my time and fall back on my previous device while my current one is being repaired or it'll get me through until I find something in the market that will address my needs.

Sure I could trade it in, but you very seldom get any worthwhile amount out of it. And if you sell it outright, you might get something decent, until you factor in the cost to sell at most places and the cost to ship it to the buyer (unless you are lucky enough to live near enough to sell it in person). For me, it's worth more to hold onto it as insurance in case something happens. But that's me.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
My last phone is on At&t
I'm on Verizon now.
The At&t phone is supposed to be unlocked with the code I put in. It's a S7E.
But now i understand it has to be flashed with Verizon's firmware.
Heard Verizon don't have tech support anymore so that's out.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
My last phone is on At&t
I'm on Verizon now.
The At&t phone is supposed to be unlocked with the code I put in. It's a S7E.
But now i understand it has to be flashed with Verizon's firmware.
Heard Verizon don't have tech support anymore so that's out.

Where did you hear Verizon doesn't have tech support anymore? Whoever told you that either was stupid or deliberately lying to you to push you into a new phone.