How many bt headphones can I connect to one S9/S9+? And How?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
How many headphones you have? I have many Bluetooth devices connected to my phone and honestly I don't know if there is a limit. How to connect? You put the Bluetooth device in pairing mode (refer to that device manual) and go to Bluetooth settings on the phone to pair it up.
Once you pair the phone automatically connects to the last connected Bluetooth device from then on. You can also manually connect to thm from the Bluetooth settings.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
But, if you mean, how many headphones can you connect and listen through *simultaneously*, then the answer is exactly one.

Only option for simultaneous output would be to add a Bluetooth splitter. But even those will usually handle a maximum of two output devices.

gazuga6176

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
go to settings>connections>bluetooth, hit the 3 dots in the upper right corner and select dual audio. you can pair 2 audio devices at once.

Hirak Sarkar

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
So, I can connect 2 headphones at once. That means if I'm watching a movie, I can share the audio with just one friend.
What's that Bluetooth splitting thing BTW?

gazuga6176

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
So, I can connect 2 headphones at once. That means if I'm watching a movie, I can share the audio with just one friend.
What's that Bluetooth splitting thing BTW?

correct. bluetooth splitters are basically a device that receives your services bluetooth signal, then splits the signal via headphone jacks.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
The S9 has a feature called Dual Audio, which allows 2 BT audio devices to be paired at the same time with audio playing through both.

Go to Settings, Connections, Bluetooth, switch it on if it isn't already, tap the 3 dots on the top right and select the option.

ef66d904d58d01e12a66845279b3c5d7.jpg

Hirak Sarkar

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Just want to know, is this dual audio feature is specific to this particular smartphone? Or any smartphone with bt 5 or above have this same feature in common?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Just want to know, is this dual audio feature is specific to this particular smartphone? Or any smartphone with bt 5 or above have this same feature in common?

I've owned most every Nexus and Pixel phone, including my current device Pixel 2 XL. None of them have offered dual audio output.

It appears to be a Samsung thing.

Hirak Sarkar

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I've owned most every Nexus and Pixel phone, including my current device Pixel 2 XL. None of them have offered dual audio output.

It appears to be a Samsung thing.

Once I read somewhere that in some latest Motorola phones one can connect upto 5 bt headphones. I can be wrong though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatiko