How Many Of You Are Keeping Your Moto X?

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
At first, I planned on keeping my 1st gen X. But, I now think I am going to snag the new one. I love the thought of leather and some of the new features, including the bigger screen. It still looks to have a great form factor as well.

Bill Hong

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Keeping for now (my X is only about 6 months old). Might upgrade in another half a year, but my current one just works for me day to day and does what I need it for--I'm sort of curious how "future proof" this device might be, which is one of the criticisms I read from people who thought the specs were not up to snuff. So far I've had no problems.

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Keeping for now (my X is only about 6 months old). Might upgrade in another half a year, but my current one just works for me day to day and does what I need it for--I'm sort of curious how "future proof" this device might be, which is one of the criticisms I read from people who thought the specs were not up to snuff. So far I've had no problems.

Don't worry too much about that, the specifications could technically last you another year or two. Android doesn't need beastly specifications to run smoothly anymore.

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
According to Pocketnow's review, the camera might just be better on the 2013 device compared to the 2014 one.

Moto X 2014 vs Moto X 2013: http://youtu.be/Bd_jFlAP5Gs

The camera of the original Moto X tops out at 10 MP 16:9, the newer one also drops to 10 MP in 16:9 mode. The newer one also has a tighter lens, making you walk further away from subjects to get everyone/everything in one shot.

Oh and the original one also takes better lowlight photos.

Since the original Moto X performed great and had a good battery life, and a camera that is rougly equivalent to the 2014 edition, I would've definitely stayed with my original Moto X.

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Agree with most here. Mine's still taking great photos in good or low light, average battery cycle is right at 2.5 days with medium usage, and Android "L" is coming around the corner so "Ok Google," I'm good-to-go...

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
The problem for any manufacturer when making a product that's truly appreciated by customers is that it's hard to sway them from it when they want customers to buy their latest stuff.

Moto X may not be everyone's cup of tea, but many who have one feel it's the best phone they've ever had. It's hard to tare people away from that.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The problem for any manufacturer when making a product that's truly appreciated by customers is that it's hard to sway them from it when they want customers to buy their latest stuff.

Moto X may not be everyone's cup of tea, but many who have one feel it's the best phone they've ever had. It's hard to tare people away from that.

That's very true. .take and of course with the new phone they make doesn't have any significant new changes in it that's also another factor as well.

Posted via Android Central App

asianguy80

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I'll most likely keep the 2013 X until "L" comes out and see how it runs on the 2013 X. The features of the X are what drew me to but the 2300 battery on the 2014 X is what's preventing me from ordering it out the gate.

tylerjames09

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I acknowledge that overall it's a probably a better phone. I certainly have the means to get it. However, I don't need it. I'm not unsatisfied with my current Moto X. If I were to get the new one, I'd mainly be buying it because it's new. I just don't have a good enough reason to buy it right now, especially at $500.

+1 this is EXACTLY how I feel, I'm going to hold out and hope my current X gets most of the new features but I'm more than satisfied with my X and I haven't been able to say that about a "1 year old android" phone in a loooong time.

Posted via the Android Central App