How should I charge a new battery for my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 for the first time?

A

AC Question

I seem to constantly have issues with batteries and as a result, they don't last anywhere near as long as they should. For example, I recently bought 2 new original Samsung batteries for my Note 3 and Note 4 however, they can only take me from 9 am to 1 pm (4 hours). Please advise me on what to do on my new replacement battery. P.S I have tried multiple methods such as fully charging the battery then using as normal (No luck) I have also tried to drain the battery until it shuts off then fully charging it and yet, still no luck. Any help will be much appreciated. Many Thanks.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Depending on how heavily you're draining the battery, 4 hours may be all you get on 1 charge. For example, if you're on the phone, using the speaker, with the screen on, for 4 solid hours, that would drain the battery down pretty far. If your phone is just sitting there, with a strong wireless signal, and not being used much, there's something wrong with the phone. (The same thing being wrong with both of them would be VERY strange, but it's not impossible.)

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
On my Note 4 I can get heavy screen use of 6-8 hours and minimum of 12 hours total time, most of the time it averages about 16-18 hours.

Also, before saying it is a battery issue, there is so much more to look at to see if something is eating up your battery.

As belodion mention, a bad signal will eat up your battery fast.