[HOW-TO] ╰╮╰╮REVOLUTIONARY╰╮╰╮ Get S-OFF, Recovery and Perm-Root!

CFSkyyler

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: [HOW-TO] ╰╮╰╮REVOLUTIONARY╰╮╰╮ Get S-OFF, Recovery and Perm-R

how do i go back to hboot 1.3 or 1.4. right now I have hboot 1.5 with S-ON

charlestwesco

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

How do I know if this is true on my Evo 3D or not?

"YOU MUST BE HBOOT 1.3 or 1.4. If you have the most recent update of 1.5 you need to unlock via HTC"

Where do I go to see what version of HBoot I have? is that under the main Evo 3d system "about" settings somewhere?

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
How do I know if this is true on my Evo 3D or not?

"YOU MUST BE HBOOT 1.3 or 1.4. If you have the most recent update of 1.5 you need to unlock via HTC"

Where do I go to see what version of HBoot I have? is that under the main Evo 3d system "about" settings somewhere?
Pull battery - replace battery - press and hold the volume down button - press the power button
Your phone should boot into the bootloader.
It will say your HBOOT version on the top of the screen.

deth4uall

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

I am trying to reinstall the stock ROM for EVO3D I have root and TWRP, however the PG86IMG.zip files I have tried all fail, maybe due to me having HBOOT 1.50. Any ideas?

deth4uall

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

I got this after trying recovery, previous I tried the HBOOT method but it wouldn't take:
Code:
Added /sdcard/PG86IMG.zip

-- Verify md5 for /sdcard/PG86IMG.zip
-- No md5 file found, ignoring
-- Install /sdcard/PG86IMG.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
E:Can't open /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(bad)

Install from sdcard complete.

chong67

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

I use the 1.5 by HTC as I cant wait any longer. By doing this. HTC has red flag my phone.

Is anyone going to crack the 1.5 soon?

Gaurav

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

I would appreciate any help thanks!

I have HBoot 1.4 and went through all the steps using revolutionary and it states that I have successfully gotten S-OFF. Great! But when I try to install any app that requires root like Barnacle wifi tether, or Titanium backup it states that the device does not have access to root? Whats going on? I've re-run revolutionary several times and it keeps stating that the device is already S-OFF? Am I missing some step here? Would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks...

cjxsutton

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site

I have HBoot 1.4 and went through all the steps using revolutionary and it states that I have successfully gotten S-OFF. Great! But when I try to install any app that requires root like Barnacle wifi tether, or Titanium backup it states that the device does not have access to root? Whats going on? I've re-run revolutionary several times and it keeps stating that the device is already S-OFF? Am I missing some step here? Would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks...

PERMA-ROOT

For root you need to flash this .zip

Download here: Superuser Zip

In order to achieve root..

Download the su.zip and copy the zip file to the ROOT of your SDCARD.

Boot into Recovery

Choose "Install Zip"

Then "Choose Zip To Flash"

Then select the "su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip"

Once it completes, reboot and you now have ROOT access!

^ go back to the first post for the actual download here link

Reactions: Gaurav

cjxsutton

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site

I've tried this on two separate computers now and it keeps losing communications to my phone and closing every time i get to the "rebooting to fastboot (again)" step no matter how many times i try it

i mean i still got my device rooted because it did s-off if i just kept running it over and over each time it closed but i have OCD with this stuff and i don't like errors during the process, even if the end result is still the rooted phone. so i keep restoring it to 100% stock via the method listed in the other stickied thread, and attempting the process again.

anyone know how to make it stop losing connection to the phone during the second fastboot reboot? it's really pissing me off.

i've installed all the driver packs, i've also installed the fastboot specific driver pack, my phone is usb debug, charge only, showing up as a disk drive in device manager, tried it several times with both fastboot on AND off (from the phone's menu settings), still the same result with the exe saying it loses connection on the second fastboot

Jred

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

I tried the HTCDev.com way, and I get the bin file, but when attempting to flash it it says it is OK, but the HBOOT screen still says ****Locked****.

I then go ahead and try to flash the CWM via the fastboot way and it sends it but said verification failed.

So either way, HTC Unlock isn't working.

Running HBOOT 1.5 and using Fedora 16 as my OS to fastboot from.

bnrbranding

May 31, 2010
Visit site

First the bad news - several of the links in the OP are now broken, but it wasn't hard to find new links.

Now the good news - everything worked exactly as advertised. Full root done in under an hour.

Now to start messing around with some ROMs...

EvoFQ450

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can't get Revolution S-OFF to work

USB cable is fine, as it finds the device just fine.. How do i know if fastboot is off? I have the phone on and at the home screen, plugged USB cable in. USB debugging is turned ON.. ran the exe and keep getting the above when i try to run it after putting in my beta key.

Same thing kept happening to me. I use my Evo 4G as my internet via easytether. Once you get what ever videos/tutorials you need downloaded, close easytether, pda net, etc on your computer and I bet it will work. Mine worked fine after that.

nanha

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

nanha

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
[NOTE]Hey all, this is a HOW TO for all you out there that are ready to take controll of your EVO 3D!

First off.. I did NOT create any of this. This is just HOW TO.

REQUIREMENTS : You MUST have the HTC drivers installed and HTC Sync UNINSTALLED for this to work.

YOU MUST BE HBOOT 1.3 or 1.4. If you have the most recent update of 1.5 you need to unlock via HTC.

A BIG THANKS TO UNREVOKED AND ALPHA REV!
[/NOTE]

[INFO]
HOW TO GET S-OFF

1. Go to Revolutionary and select your PC type... This will start the download of the Revolutionary.zip

2. Next is to apply for a Beta Key, this is NOT AN OPTION. You will need your HBOOT version number ie. 1.30 or 1.40, as well as your Serial Number. The serial Number is printed on your EVO under the battery.

3. Boot up your 3D and make sure USB Debugging is ON. Now you can connect your 3D via USB. Make sure its in Charge Only Mode.

4. Extract the downloaded ZIP and run the file "revolutionary"

5. It will prompt you for your beta key.

6. Once this is done it will go thru automated scripts and reboot your phone about 3-4 times before you finally are done.

CONGRATS! YOU ARE NOW S-OFF!

[/INFO]

felitin2000

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site

Sorry Guys...I am brand new at this forum and in the android world. I'll need as much help as possible. My name is Edgar and live in Oregon, USA.
I have a HTC 3D Evo and did unlocked it via HTC method but have latest BOOT 1.58.000. What should I do to have permanent root access to it and to change OS on it? I mean...I am lost and need guidance, please!

[NOTE]Hey all, this is a HOW TO for all you out there that are ready to take controll of your EVO 3D!

First off.. I did NOT create any of this. This is just HOW TO.

REQUIREMENTS : You MUST have the HTC drivers installed and HTC Sync UNINSTALLED for this to work.

YOU MUST BE HBOOT 1.3 or 1.4. If you have the most recent update of 1.5 you need to unlock via HTC.

A BIG THANKS TO UNREVOKED AND ALPHA REV!
[/NOTE]

[INFO]
HOW TO GET S-OFF

1. Go to Revolutionary and select your PC type... This will start the download of the Revolutionary.zip

2. Next is to apply for a Beta Key, this is NOT AN OPTION. You will need your HBOOT version number ie. 1.30 or 1.40, as well as your Serial Number. The serial Number is printed on your EVO under the battery.

3. Boot up your 3D and make sure USB Debugging is ON. Now you can connect your 3D via USB. Make sure its in Charge Only Mode.

4. Extract the downloaded ZIP and run the file "revolutionary"

5. It will prompt you for your beta key.

6. Once this is done it will go thru automated scripts and reboot your phone about 3-4 times before you finally are done.

CONGRATS! YOU ARE NOW S-OFF!

[/INFO]

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nictu