How to access full clipboard content

daninbluemd

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Note 10 plus (was same on Note 4 it replaced).

In some instances I can get access to the full clipboard (last 10-20? items) which is handy but sometimes I cannot and can only paste the last item copied.

For example, in Gmail I can access the full clipboard with history in the subject field but in the body of the email I can only paste the last clipboard item.

It would seem that I should be able to access the full clipboard anytime and that it would be an Android function and not application specific. Without a separate clipboard App, which it doesn't seem like I should need, s there a way to always be able to access the full clipboard? Very frustrating as I know the info I want is there but I can't see it.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Samsung has a multi-item clipboard, but the Gmail app may use that in the subject field, but the normal Linux clipboard in the body field. (Each field is tied to the clipboard individually, so Google may call the keyboard clipboard function in one place, but the system clipboard function in the other.)

daninbluemd

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Which keyboard app are you using?

(Don't worry about your other duplicate posts -- I deleted them.)

Thanks for taking care if the posts - Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Sorry for the delay in replying - Other (unrelated) forums I'm on auto-subscribe and I always forget to on here. I'm using the factory Samsung Note 10+ keyboard which in general I'm happy with although I'd like more symbols. I really like the new (?) feature that allows the space bar to be used as a touch pad when holding it down. On the Note 4 I think I was using the "swype" app keyboard and had the same issue with the clipboard. It had a nifty feature if you held down the lower Left button it brough up a navigation button menu with copy/paste, etc. The new one has a similar screen but it takes an extra keystroke (I know not a big deal but I type an immense amount on my phone for an old guy can probably keep up with the kids).

Samsung has a multi-item clipboard, but the Gmail app may use that in the subject field, but the normal Linux clipboard in the body field. (Each field is tied to the clipboard individually, so Google may call the keyboard clipboard function in one place, but the system clipboard function in the other.)

I kind of figured that was the case but was hoping there was some way to access the Samsung clipboard without having to install a 3rd party clipboard app, but it may come down to that. At least it would have the advantage of saving more items in its history.

I'm using NOTE 10+ no issues , try resetting the keyboard

You can access the Samsung multi-item clipboard in any field in any app?

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmax36884