How to control audio of android smartphone with cheap bluetooth smartwatch

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have Oppo F9 Pro as my main device. Now, I have recently bought a cheap smart watch from China. I was wondering if it is possible to control music with my watch and listen it via headphones on my phone.

The original functionality of the watch only let's all audio from my phone to route to the smartwatch's speaker. To combat this I used an app from the play store to change the audio routing from Bluetooth to Speakers/Headphones. This works well. But then, when I change the song on my watch, it plays through the watch again!

Is there something that does the above seamlessly and is a permanent switch?

I think to accomplish this task, the audio router application should check every few seconds for the bluetooth playback route. If it detects something other than the selected choice of route, it should immediately route back to the selected choice of speakers/headphones and not bluetooth.

Is there any app that does that?
If not, can I accomplish this with some code? Are there any open-source audio router applications? Can this be hardcoded with ADB?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That's such a non-standard setup that you'd probably have to write an app yourself (or have someone do it for you).

Something that dozens of people ask for is easy - the developer knows he can get a dollar from most of the people who want the problem solved. But your problem? I haven\t heard anyone ask for something like that in all the years I've been involved with phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d