How to copy a simple URL in Chrome browser in Android

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

For some reason I can no longer copy a URL in Chrome browser on Android. When I tap the URL bar, it goes blank and only offers two options, PASTE or CLIPBOARD, there is no option to COPY there anymore. I cleared the clipboard to see if that helped, but that took away the options of PASTE and CLIPBOARD, and only leaves "Search or type web address" in the URL bar.

What did they do to Chrome to remove the functionality of copying the URL? Why did some ***** come up with this, just to screw with people?

Does anyone know what I can do to change this back so I can just press the URL bar and then copy the URL to paste it into a text or email message and send it to someone?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
For some reason I can no longer copy a URL in Chrome browser on Android. When I tap the URL bar, it goes blank and only offers two options, PASTE or CLIPBOARD, there is no option to COPY there anymore. I cleared the clipboard to see if that helped, but that took away the options of PASTE and CLIPBOARD, and only leaves "Search or type web address" in the URL bar.

What did they do to Chrome to remove the functionality of copying the URL? Why did some ***** come up with this, just to screw with people?

Does anyone know what I can do to change this back so I can just press the URL bar and then copy the URL to paste it into a text or email message and send it to someone?
Hi, if you can register a account here, me or other members be happy to assist you.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
On my Pixel 2 XL, if I tap the address bar it DOES clear. What happens is that the current URL is now the top line below the address bar. At the end of that line is a pencil (edit), tap that then long-press in the address bar, tap select all and then copy...

Or what @Javier P said. that's what I get for opening a post then not replying for 10 minutes...

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you seeing the words "PASTE" and "CLIPBOARD," or is that your interpretation of the icons that show up? I see the same thing that Javier P shared above, and it works fine.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000