How to create Main Settings shortcut

rojaac

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
I have a Blu Vivo XL3 Plus but I dont think it is relevant to this issue.
I want a settings (main, not subitems) shortcut as in a the Blue stockware in the google Launcher.
In the GL, it is a pain to get to this everytime, the widget only allows for subitems and the apps available in the market like shortcut makers are either too clunky or do the same thing.
If Blu Stock has it, I dont see why GL cannot.
Any ideas ?

rojaac

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Why don't you just long-press the Settings icon in the app drawer and drag it to a blank area on the home screen?

Think I didn't try that ? :) When I do that it just doesn't stick to home screen

This is what happens when I long press on the icon - so annoying...anyway to remove this annoyance ?
2018-08-29 12.53.52.jpg

Last edited:

rojaac

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Android Sub-menu on icon long press

Android suddenly got even more annoying by letting Apps show an effing sub-menu instead of the default uninstall/remove options in home screen, and Settings button also shows an effing useless sub-menu in under Apps.

Why this damnation on us ? And allow App writers to do the same. I wanted to uninstall Shortcutter and it it taking me through hoops and loops for this

I gave that author a 5-star just for sounding like a nice guy but am going to down it to 1star just for this

This is related to https://forums.androidcentral.com/t...reate-main-settings-shortcut.html#post6325141

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I merged your threads since they're related to each other, and also moved them from the T-Mobile Galaxy S III forum to the Blu forum -- not sure why they were in the S III forum in the first place ...

The behavior you're seeing is normal, but it doesn't mean you can't create a shortcut on the homescreen. When you long-press an icon in the App Drawer, you see that submenu first -- but as soon as you start moving it, the submenu will disappear and you can drag and drop the shortcut to the homescreen. Does that not happen for you?

rojaac

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
I knew there was a way I did this exact same thing the other day but this is so unintuitive that I forgot how I did it lol

Thanks so much for you r response !! Cheers !