How to delete multiple emails

cgaines2101

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a stock Razor Maxx with OTA ICS. I use gmail. Not other email app. So what I am wanting to do is to delete multiple emails without having to check each email being deleted. For instance, let say I have 200 message in my spam folder. How can I just delete all the message in the spam folder and be done with it? Same for trash folder.

I feel like this is a simple possibility but I just figure it out myself.

Venez68

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Good question. I usually just delete them from my account on the computer.
Haven't found a way to do it from the phone yet.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
This is nuts. Ther should be a "check all" option. I get around 50 spams daily and would like to delete them all at once, checking each one is annoying. I could do it that way on my old wm phone from years ago. I know they self delete after a certain time, but doesn't that time period default to 30 days? Way to long.

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
use a different 3rd party email app and setup Gmail through it. Someone's gotta offer the select all option.

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I'm 2 days into this phone after coming from a BB Storm (the original Storm, no less). You could swipe-select multiple emails on that one, kinda surprised with all the gesture-ability on this beauty that you can't do the same... Still investigating!

lmshatraw

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I have a Razr Maxx ICS (Ver 4.0) and if you select ONE email check-box to delete it, a flag displays on the bottom menu of the screen and 3 DOTS stacked vertically appear to the right of it. Click the DOTS and a "Select ALL" will display on the bottom of the screen. Select it, then you can selectively "un-select/un-check" those you may still want to save before clicking the TRASH CAN icon in the lower left corner to delete the emails.

This is applicable for my MSN/Hotmail account, so check it on your emails accounts.....Lowell

Bad Drivers

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Can't delete multiple emails on the Nexus 7. This applies to 'Gmail' or other emails redirected to my Nexus 7 mail program from my other email accounts - the suggestion to tick one email first and then 'select all' does not work - there is NO select all.

stargazer308

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
this makes me nuts too! you used to be able to do this in hotmail, now that it is outlook you do not get a seclect all flag....any other suggestions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oldersod