How to disable blinking notification icon in peek display?

probelogic

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I cracked the screen on my phone (moto g power 2021) and bought the the exact same model to replace it. Both are running the same Android 11 build.

On the Peek Display, the old phone shows a simple icon for notifications, e.g. new email. The new phone shows a flashing icon for notifications with "Tap and hold" above it.

The flashing/blinking icon is annoying, but I can't find a setting to make the Peek Display use a plain non-flashing icon like my old phone.

How do I configure Peek Display notification to use just the icon and not the blinking/flashing icon with "Tap and hold" above it?

Last edited by a moderator:

probelogic

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
You try looking in setting >lock screen?

Yes. Also looked at the Peek Display settings and configuration. Also looked at every other setting and compared with the settings on the old phone. There seems to be no way to disable this annoying "feature". I already know to tap and hold the notification icon to see more information.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes. Also looked at the Peek Display settings and configuration. Also looked at every other setting and compared with the settings on the old phone. There seems to be no way to disable this annoying "feature". I already know to tap and hold the notification icon to see more information.
That's in Moto app under display?