How to disable Google Assistant from listening on locked screen

shobuddy

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to disable Google Assistant from listening and triggering (OK Google) when the phone is locked? I still want it to respond when the phone is unlocked but don't like it listening 24/7, i.e when its locked.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi , try go into settings>Google>account services>search assistance and voice tap>Google assistant tap>personalization tap and turn offScreenshot_20210428-220320_Google.jpg

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
It's under Voice Match settings in Google Assistant settings. Unfortunately I think it's an all-or-nothing setting. Either you get Hey Google all the time or none at all. If you do disable it, you can still long press home button or the microphone icon in the widget to access Google Assistant.

shobuddy

May 9, 2011
Visit site
It's under Voice Match settings in Google Assistant settings. Unfortunately I think it's an all-or-nothing setting. Either you get Hey Google all the time or none at all. If you do disable it, you can still long press home button or the microphone icon in the widget to access Google Assistant.

I think you're right, its all or nothing. Thanks for the tip on the long press home button. This does activate Google Assistant and I think this is the path i'll take. I think the microphone icon just activates Google Search.