how to: edit after screen capture?

Gabriel Son

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Hey all I have a Nexus 6 on Sprint. Coming from a Samsung Note 3.... There are some features that I used to use regularly on the Note that I haven't figured out how to accomplish yet on the Nexus 6. One of them is editing after a screen shot.
On the note, there was an option to have the phone go immediately to an edit screen after capturing a screen shot. I specifically want to be able to draw on the screen shot, because it's useful for highlighting specific things.
Is there a way? Or do I have to open up the screen shot in a separate drawing app and go from there?

Material design is pretty and smooth, but some of the missing functions like split screen multitasking are hard to over look :(
Thanks,
Gabe

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
This is where all those Samsung gimmicks turn out to be not so gimmicky after all :p

Unfortunately, nope, you can't directly edit a screenshot on a 'Pure Android' device. That was an 'added bonus' on Samsung's implementation (and especially for the S-Pen). If you want to do that, you'd have to edit the image on an app that allows handwriting.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey all I have a Nexus 6 on Sprint. Coming from a Samsung Note 3.... There are some features that I used to use regularly on the Note that I haven't figured out how to accomplish yet on the Nexus 6. One of them is editing after a screen shot.
On the note, there was an option to have the phone go immediately to an edit screen after capturing a screen shot. I specifically want to be able to draw on the screen shot, because it's useful for highlighting specific things.
Is there a way? Or do I have to open up the screen shot in a separate drawing app and go from there?

Material design is pretty and smooth, but some of the missing functions like split screen multitasking are hard to over look :(
Thanks,
Gabe

about all you can do is crop, change the look/coloring or rotate.... You'd need a 3rd party app to do what your asking to do....

reb0957

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I am torn between Nexus 6 & Note 4. My first Android was Atrix 2 then Note 2. While I very seldom use the S pen that is a feature I use alot on my Note 2. Didn't realize all androids couldn't do that

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well maybe we can help... If you make a list of the things you do use on your Note 2, we can tell you if the Nexus would be able to do it 'natively', if you'd need a third party app to do so, or if it just can't be done at all.

el3ctronics

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Try downloading Skitch from the app store. Lets you make some nice quick annotations and edits to screenshots (and other images).

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response everyone. Disappointed with the answer tho!!

I know, I wish there was always a positive answer to things, but sometimes the answer is 'you need to find a way around it' :( But then again, it is the little things that make every phone different and suitable to each one's tastes.