[How to] Flash Full package DL09 and Stock DI01 via Odin

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Please give thanks to Adviser Adrynalyne by hitting the thanks button in his OP for bringing this to us:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/fas...da-gets-all-love-official-dl09-odin-here.html

I have added STOCK DI01 to the needed downloads section. apply it the same way you would DL09. the directions remain the same

First off lets be clear this process will completely leave your phone stock, as if you just pulled it out of the box from the Verizon store. This method DOES NOT REQUIRE ROOT and is very simple just follow the Directions.

If you feel weary or uncomfortable with this procedure dont do it, As always ,You are doing this at your own risk,

(NOTE: This method will work for any FULL PACKAGE Stock Odin .tar file ex. DI01 or DJ05...they can be found in the XDA forums or ask one of us, i will not provide links here as not to confuse anyone. A factory reset from within DL09 will only factory reset DL09 it will not take you back to DI01, you will need to flash it via this same method if needed)

FAQ about DL09

After i Flash DL09 ,will i have to root this again? YES, previous methods should work if they do not ask for help in the forums.
http://forum.androidcentral.com/fascinate-roms-hacks/33899-how-root.html
Also if the one click method does not do it, please see Post #2 of this thread for a link to Manually root your device

After i Flash DL09,If i want to Clockwork recovery do i need to flash that kernel via Odin again?
Yes, again follow same method as you did before this version.
http://forum.androidcentral.com/fascinate-roms-hacks/35726-clockworkmod-recovery.html

Will i get the OTA update?, I have no idea as of yet, i will edit this when i receive that info.

Should i use do a titanium and Nandroid backup?
Yes, do all the regular backup methods, even though we wont be flashing via clockwork you always may want to come back to your present state

Does this include the Modem, rom, and Kernel?
Yes, this is a full one click package

Will this wipe my SD card?
No, this will only wipe what is on your phone but there is always a chance of something going wrong so back up your card to your computer just incase

Will this void my warranty? At the moment i cant say for sure this is a leaked version, if the build number is the same as the OTA which i think it will be then no they wont know the difference.

Needed Downloads

Ok to begin you will need Odin a mirror to the application is here:

Odin v1.3

In case you have USB problems with first version of Odin try to reflash using this one, could be the same version but i got them from two different places and this one fixed my USB issue
Odin v1.3 Alternate

You may also need the latest Samsung Drivers found here:

Samsung Drivers

You will also need the DL09 .tar file found here:

DL09.tar.md5
if you start Odin and get the failures, double check your file download didn't append an (1) to the file name between the .tar.md5. It should read DL09.tar.md5. (Thank you spencerlail)

For those of you who need to go back to STOCK DI01, here is the file you need, apply it the same way you would apply DL09.
DI01package3.tar

Lets Begin

Once odin is downloaded open it, its an executable file so when you open it you will see the following :
1tut-1.png

Once this is up, do the following
-Remove the battery from your Device
-Plug in the USB cord
-Hold down the Volume Down button until you see a big bright triangle on your screen , underneath it will say Downloading and beneath that it will say Do not turn off target

At this point you will see one of the boxes in the corner turn yellow, letting you know there is a connection, it will look like this
5tut-1.png

after you are connected you want to hit the PDA button, NEVER PHONE, phone will erase your modem and you will have trouble connecting after that at all.
2tut-1.png

when you click the PDA button a pop up will appear and you will need to select the DL09 .Tar file and click open

6tut.png

now you will see the file appear in the PDA window ,, with connection made and DL09 .tar file in the PDA window, you may now hit Start

5tut-3.png

Once you hit start this process Should take approx. 5 mins . shouldnt take any less time than that and not much more. So dont start freaking out at min 2...(wait till min 7) lol:p

once it is completed you should see the following window:

4tut.png

Once you have reached this screen it is safe to unplug , put your battery in and boot up..

Congrats you are now at Fresh Stock DL09.

Please remember you need to root and do all the other things you had to do before.

Enjoy your update and please remember to hit the thank you button for Adrynalyne
http://forum.androidcentral.com/fas...da-gets-all-love-official-dl09-odin-here.html

Last edited:

amshere

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
after flashing DL09

If for some reason I need to go back to original stock- prior to this update would a "factory reset" get that done or do I need to use odin to reverse these changes?

Thanks!
Angela

uofatree

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
dl09 install fail!
tried to use odin for the process - got the following messages

<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> Enter CS for MD5..
<ID:0/005> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<ID:0/005> Please wait..
<ID:0/005> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<ID:0/005> MD5 hash value is invalid.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
dl09 install fail!

try it again after restart. if that doesnt work, uninstall reinstall drivers. then try it again.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
dl09 install fail!

Yeah like gunner said, close everything out and try again,,,,is the battery out of the device?

Reactions: G_slice

jwebste9

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Just want to add this, but once you install clockwork you may loose any vibration function. Read it can be fixed with different kernel, if anyone knows which one please let me know

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Just want to add this, but once you install clockwork you may loose any vibration function. Read it can be fixed with different kernel, if anyone knows which one please let me know

you can find kernels here:
Geeknik's StupidFast Kernel for the Samsung Fascinate

Just took note. Bluetooth is nonfunctional for me.

Are the DJ05 a good fit with this build? I have all of the stupidfast versions and was fond of 1.54 and 1.76 just wanna make sure I don't scramble something.

I found my answer in XDA - Yes... flashed stupidfast 1.54; Bluetooth and haptic feedback now active.

these were suggested in another thread

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood