How to get rid of 'Swipe Up' S21 (or all galaxy phones?)

strickn

Aug 12, 2021
Visit site
Chances are.. that I am an *****. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to remove the 'swipe up' function on my S21 Ultra from the lock screen. Before you say 'go to settings lock screen etc..'

I have a OnePlus 9 and an S21 Ultra... On my OnePlus 9 - if I see a notification on the lock screen, I can swipe down on it, read a little more info - then tap it - and it unlocks and goes straight to that particular notification.

On the S21 (and any Galaxy phone, as far as I can tell), if I see a notification on the lock screen, I can swipe down on it, but when I choose it - it immediately goes to another screen that says 'swipe up to open'. This annoys the *&$% out of me...

If I go to settings/security/lockscreen - I can turn off the feature 'swipe to open', however, this then breaks the lock screen notifications... for example, I see a notification on my phone - I wake up the screen and then BAM instantly unlocks the phone, completely bypassing the ability for me to see what notifications I have on the lock screen and choosing which one to go to.

Help D:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you using Face Unlock when that happens if 'Swipe to open' is disabled? If so, that's why it's just jumping into the unlocked phone (because your face unlocked it and you told it not to wait for a swipe from the screen). Having SmartLock enabled in a Trusted Place/Device will also have this result.

strickn

Aug 12, 2021
Visit site
Facelock is off

basically:

1. if facelock = true and swipe up = false - I look at a notification on the lock screen and it instantly unlocks
2. if fingerprint - true and swipe up = false - I look at a notification on the lock screen and when I select it, has me use fingerprint
3. However, if I leave both facelock and fingerprint off (no security) and 'swipe up' = true, then each and every notification makes me 'swipe up'. If I turn 'swipe up' off, then I don't even see a lock screen, pressing the power button goes straight to the home screen

On Pixel devices, hell just about any other android device, you can select the notification from the lock screen - and it'll pull that notification up without any extra steps. That is what i am trying to do :/