How to Listen My Music while navigating with Google Maps or play Music in background with other apps

ymaz108

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I thought (and we were told that) YouTube Music is SUPPOSED to be THE Replacement for Google Play Music?! But I don't think so! :mad:

Now, YouTube Music is forcing Free Account users to UPGRADE to pay $10/m in order to listen to my music WE uploaded/purchased while using Google Maps navigation! :eek: :( :'( :mad:

Since the beginning of this week (for me anyway), I can no longer listen to my music thru YouTube Music app while I’m driving with Google Maps navigation OR even when I try to check something else (minimize YouTube Music app)… it stopped working for Free YouTube Music account users!!! :'(

I found out that I was supposed to select YouTube Music to listen media during the navigation, but after I did that I also found out I have to "UPGRADE" in order to use the feature!!!

That's NOT RIGHT, Google!!! I own Pixel 2 XL and ‘ve been loving it even thou it’s getting little outdated… I’m waiting for a right featured new Pixel to show up (I was going to get Pixel 5, but after finding out they replaced Telephoto lens with no-so Wide Angle lens, I decided to NOT to get it but wait…). Anyway, I will not move back to LG, but stay with Pixel line.

However, THIS MOVE is very sad :(, upsetting :mad: and So disappointing...!!! :'(

Does anyone know ANY OTHER WAY to listen music while navigating on Google Maps? Or as background music while using other apps?

ymaz108

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Thank you very much for the link, B. Diddy.

Now I have to decide which app to go with and figure out how to quickly transfer all the songs I have on YouTube Music (and iTunes as well) to the new app... :-\

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Alot of us have gotten mad at Google over this. I had a Play Music subscription which included YouTube Red and they cancelled my plan.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
You can save split screen configuration with YouTube music and maps. That way, you can listen and control music while navigating. Saving the shortcut will make it launch easily every time.

ymaz108

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
!!! srgonu, I have Pixel 2 XL... How do I do to split screen?

OK, I researched and tried, but it didn't work as I believe it's due to I use Nova Launcher... :(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
!!! srgonu, I have Pixel 2 XL... How do I do to split screen?

OK, I researched and tried, but it didn't work as I believe it's due to I use Nova Launcher... :(

Split screen should still work on Nova. Do the following (this is on a Pixel 3 XL, but it should still work on a 2 XL, I think):

1. Bring up your app overview.
2. For one of the apps you want to include in split screen, tap the app icon at the top of the screenshot, then tap Split Screen.
3. Now look for the other app you want to include in split screen, and just tap the screenshot for it.

To get rid of split screen, swipe the divider up or down.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma