how to move app to micro sd on ZenFone 5?

An_dr0id

May 1, 2022
Visit site
I have an Asus ZenFone 5, and it doesn't have the option "move to memory card", but I'm out of free space, how do I force the app to move to the memory card? I didn't find any tutorials

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Android stopped allowing apps to move to the SD card several years ago as it would cause all kinds of problems. SD cards read and write at a slower speed than phone's internal storage. It would cause cards to fail and then apps installed into the card would no longer work properly.

If you are out of space maybe you could backup your data to the cloud, like Google Photos/Google 1 or other services.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Android stopped allowing apps to move to the SD card several years ago as it would cause all kinds of problems. SD cards read and write at a slower speed than phone's internal storage. It would cause cards to fail and then apps installed into the card would no longer work properly.

If you are out of space maybe you could backup your data to the cloud, like Google Photos/Google 1 or other services.
No I believe that is not true, at least on my wife's Samsung A71. You had to do it individually in settings, per app though. I believe under developer settings there is a toggle to force apps to SD card as well. We moved a few games and set the camera to store pics on the card as well.
I will have to double check when she gets home but I believe we were able to move her Google photos app to the card.
The only things you aren't able to move are system apps.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
Long press the app you want then tap info it should give option to use storage internal or sd card , if it does it wont move all the apps data just some, personally i would try find cloud back up and keep most your things there or need bigger storage on a device. Sd cards dont have the same write speed as internal storage and common to cause crashes,glitches, freeze's and performance issues .