How to move contacts from old phone to 6p

ccps

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
On current phone go to accounts/google. make sure contacts are checked to sync. you can confirm they are by going into you gmail contacts and see if they are there. when you get your new phone setup your google account and make sure contacts sync button is checked.

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
On current phone go to accounts/google. make sure contacts are checked to sync. you can confirm they are by going into you gmail contacts and see if they are there. when you get your new phone setup your google account and make sure contacts sync button is checked.

Yep ... Worked for me when moved from my Nexus 6 to 6P

Posted via Nexus 128GB Beast

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Just make sure your contacts were all entered as "Google" contacts rather than "Phone" contacts. Some devices default (for some odd reason) to "Phone" as the default location, those are then not backed up to Google. Unfortunately, there's no way to change to a different contact "type", you'd need to delete and re-create it as a Google contact.

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
As annoying as it is, go to your Google account on a computer and make sure they all show up there. I cleaned mine all up a few years back and now they are available to me no matter which phone I use no matter Android, iPhone or Windows Mobile since I use my Google account as my main account.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim Tech