Lost contacts from Android phone

Bedanta

Mar 6, 2024
Visit site
I lost my contacts from my phone. Now there is only 10 contacts shows in the phone. i have recovered my Google account contacts.

what to do to recover the other contacts.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I assume that these contacts were only saved to the local Phone account, and not backed up or synced anywhere else? If that's the case, they're most likely gone. This is why I always strongly recommend taking advantage of Google Contacts and its automatic contact syncing.

Mr. Lucky

Jul 25, 2023
Visit site
I assume that these contacts were only saved to the local Phone account, and not backed up or synced anywhere else? If that's the case, they're most likely gone. This is why I always strongly recommend taking advantage of Google Contacts and its automatic contact syncing.
Agree with all. One other possibility...
I had the same experience recently when shifting everything over to a new phone. I forgot that I'd changed email address a couple of years earlier. When I added the old email address as a second account and selected "All accounts" from the hamburger menu, VOILA, the missing contacts appeared!

Bedanta

Mar 6, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I assume that these contacts were only saved to the local Phone account, and not backed up or synced anywhere else? If that's the case, they're most likely gone. This is why I always strongly recommend taking advantage of Google Contacts and its automatic contact syncing.
I didn't sync my contacts with Google. But anyway i will be careful in the future. Now i wil be adding numbers in Google Contacts.

Bedanta

Mar 6, 2024
Visit site
Agree with all. One other possibility...
I had the same experience recently when shifting everything over to a new phone. I forgot that I'd changed email address a couple of years earlier. When I added the old email address as a second account and selected "All accounts" from the hamburger menu, VOILA, the missing contacts appeared!
That might also the case but yeah i have only one account.