Question How to privately text a user while both users are participants in a mass text along with other users

note10guy

May 23, 2020
Visit site
THE CASE OF CHARACTERS**
Felipe (me, phone 800-***-****)
BarbS (Barbara mith, phone 123-456-7890)
HankJ (Hank Jones 987-123-4567)
BarbSM (alias for Barbara Smith, phone 123-456-7890)
*Note that BarbS and BarbSM are not only the same person, but they also use the same phone number for texting
**The phone numbers are fictitious

When I wanted to text BarbS privately while we were both participants in the same mass text, I added BarbSM (the alias) to my Contacts, solely for the purpose of doing a private text. That didn't work, it still took me back to the mass text.

Please understand that this isn't a theoretical scenario. I truly need to chat privately about the matter that is being discussed in the mass text.

Thanks for your help,
note10guy (Felipe)

Last edited by a moderator:

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
If you tap on that person in the mass text thread does it take you privately? Which device and message app are you using?

If I do this with Google Messages I get the individual person's contact information and can then tap the text icon to send them an individual text.
Same here

Another useful tip I just learned. Thank You! 😄

Bringing up Samsung Notes so that I can copy & paste your posts for future reference!

Reactions: mustang7757

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
THE CASE OF CHARACTERS**
Felipe (me, phone 800-987-6543)
BarbS (Barbara mith, phone 123-456-7890)
HankJ (Hank Jones 987-654-3210)
BarbSM (alias for Barbara Smith, phone 123-456-7890)
*Note that BarbS and BarbSM are not only the same person, but they also use the same phone number for texting
**The phone numbers are fictitious

When I wanted to text BarbS privately while we were both participants in the same mass text, I added BarbSM (the alias) to my Contacts, solely for the purpose of doing a private text. That didn't work, it still took me back to the mass text.

Please understand that this isn't a theoretical scenario. I truly need to chat privately about the matter that is being discussed in the mass text.

Thanks for your help,
note10guy (Felipe)
Give up trying to force this to work out, the initial group text is for the most part is by design intended to hold that 'group' status -- not only simultaneously received by multiple recipients, but also any reply messages by those recipients are also forwarded everybody else. It's actually more involved, you can't forward a group text. Manually editing out all the other group addresses, think of them as Cc and Bcc adddresses, is a requiired thing.

To send a recipient privately, copy the text from that group text message and then paste it into a new text message, one that's addressed to that one person, and paste the saved text into it.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid