How to Remove "app" taking up the whole screen?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

We just got a Moto G and a Moto G Stylus. To the left of the home screen is a huge news kinda app that takes up the whole screen and gives Google and Cricket news. I believe it's "theScoop" because when I uninstalled it on one phone the app went away but I also cannot access any screen at all to the left of the home screen, it just stops when I try to put an app icon there. I'm stuck with just 2 screens and I need 3, one on each side of the home screen. Help anyone? Thanks!

Deb

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Depending on the phone, the stock launcher might not let you create a homescreen to the left of the leftmost homescreen. This is the case with both the Pixel Launcher and One UI, so I'm guessing it's also the case with Motorola's stock launcher. You should be able to create a new homescreen to the right of the rightmost homescreen. You might also be able to designate the resulting middle homescreen to be the primary one -- long-press any empty part of the homescreen, swipe until you reach the middle one, and see if there's a home-shaped icon at the top. If so, tap that.

Otherwise, consider installing a 3rd party launcher like Nova, which will give you a lot more options.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Yeah to create more screens just snag an app and move it to the edge of the screen like your moving it over and it will create a new screen.