how to root HTC Desire HD 2.3

manishgarg1981

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

i bought a new HTC desire HD, and upgraded to Android version 2.3.3
Build Number 2.37.762.2

i want to root the device, how can i root it?
i tried visionary, but could not root it.
Can anyone please help me.

Regards,
Manish Garg

steinom

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Here is basically what you need to root DHD:
[Q] Rooting Desire HD

First go here if you not are on ROM 1.32, you must downgrade (You must be on 1.32.405.6 to get it work
[GUIDE] How to downgrade 1.7x/1.8x/2.x to 1.32.405.6 (you can't skip this, will not work)

[GUIDE] How to downgrade 1.7x/1.8x/2.x to 1.32.405.6 - xda-developers
1. Temp root with Visionary (YouTube - ‪How to Backup/Restore Using Clockwork Recovery ROM Manager on G2 Phone!‬‏)
2. Perm root
3. Do your Radio S-OFF
[TOOL][VIDEO] One click Radio S-OFF, SimUnlock (Easy Root & S-OFF Guide) - xda-developers

4. Do your ENG S-OFF (HBOOT)
[TOOL] One click ENG S-OFF - xda-developers

[Q] Rooting Desire HD - xda-developers

After you have going true this you have fully rooted DHD and you can dovnload Gingerbread RUU ROM, install it and run [v1.2] GingerBreak APK (root for GingerBread) found here
[26.04.2011][v1.2] GingerBreak APK (root for GingerBread) - xda-developers

Then you have fully rooted DHD with latest ROM :)

Reactions: masuod2

lqrt

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Did you manage to downgrade and root? Because the downgrade specifically says not possible for a 2.37 or higher hdh

jhm83

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried superoneclick root method made by CLshortfuse over at XDAdevelopers. I have been using it to root our Samsung galaxy S phones. I also noticed it had a gingerbread method for rooting. I have had my desire hd for about 2 months and am looking for an easy way to root. i am not very good at code yet.:p
Let me know if you have tried this method and if it worked or not.

E1025

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Literally just did this yesterday and it's a lot harder than I thought it would be.

I would reccomend flashing the android revolution HD ROM, it boosts the battery life considerably and gives you sense 3.0 which is nifty. :)

markusboy

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Hallo. I'm new in this stuff so forgive my unawareness... I wish to root my DHD but I am a little confused. I read the articles of why to root and the diffrences between temproot and permroot. I was thinking of permroot, backup my stock recovery image file and then have fun:D Is it possible to temproot my phone?

Android version 2.3.3
HTC Sense version 2.1
Baseband version 12.54.60.25U_26.09.04.11_M2
Kernel version 2.6.35.10-gb2564fb bla bla bla...
Build number 2.50.111.5 bla bla...
Software number 2.50.111.5
Browser version WebKit/533.1

If temproot is not an option for me then I will most probably permroot.
If I downgrade (if it is possible), temproot, permroot and then upgrade to GB will I be able to backup my stock GB recovery image (will it be still there?)? Will I be able to revert in stock GB version if something happens?
Note that having a pre-GB version on the phone is not an option. I'd prefer waiting with the stock version untill root in GB will be possible.

Last minute question. If I use an edited ROM from my sdcard will the stock recovery image go away?
Last minute question2. (Forgive my curiosity)I can't tell if my phone is branded. On the back case it sais "htc" "with htc sense" "dolby mobile" "srs hd" and on front "htc". If it's not then I won't need a GoldCard right?
Thanks...

Last edited:

jhm83

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi Guys,
I Rooted my Telus HTC desire HD using the Advanced Ace Hack Kit from xda developers. It works but make sure that you first uninstall HTC sync and any other phone software that is on your computer. I also had to go into the file and find the Cajun txt file to get the unique code it generates for rooting each seperate phone. This is a great solution to rooting as it is a one step fix. BIG THANKS to attn1 over at XDA for posting this.
NOTE: read the amnual if you get stuck cuz its all in there.:)
link - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1259821

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick