How to SBF back to stock

Tezie28

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Lost 3G connection on my Droid 2 (A955)

I recently change my sbf to the blur 300 and lost my 3G connection I have done the factory reset and even tried to re-rooting to see if that would fix the issue. What ca I do to fix this problem?

sankeyr

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so much! This was a huge help. I was running the leaked version of GingerBread on my Droid2 and i loved it at first, but all the little bugs started to annoy me so i wanted to get back to stock froyo. So if anyone else is running the leaked GB version, this will work and get you back to stock. I did notice a couple things that i had to do different and i just wanted to let you know in case other people run into these problems.

"12) enter recovery by holding power and volume down. "

i was not able to get this step to work with my phone open or closed. I got it to work by holding down the "x" on my physical keyboard while holding down the power button. This got me into recovery mode (the green android standing under the exclamation point in a triangle). I found this at this link: Droid 2 Recovery Menu - xda-developers

"13) when the android guy with a caution triangle around him appears click press either (power and volume down, or power and volume up, or volume up and down) [sorry about that i cant remember which one it is off hand] simultaneously until the blue menu fonts appear."

i also could not get this step to work with my phone open or closed. I had to press the search button (the magnifying glass on the physical keyboard) to get the blue text to show. i also found this at: Droid 2 Recovery Menu - xda-developers

"14) use the volume down button to hover over ?wipe data/ factory reset? and click the power button to select. then confirm your selection by following the commands."

On this step, i had to use the camera button (located under the volume button) to select certain commands.

Thank you so much again!

Reactions: corydunbar

MrsBobbiB

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to thank you for posting this. After HOURS of searching, this is what got my phone back to normal after I made some changes to it without reading more carefully. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I will stay far away from other Droid information sources now!

RedBarchetta

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
hope I get an answer on this.... I want to sbf my R2D2 back to a D2 in order to get the GB update. I have not done something like this before, but I am pretty confident I can do it no worries. My question is this; how do I backup my data on the phone to my PC without being rooted? I'm sure I am going to lose everything that is not stock, i.e apps, Go Launcher, etc.... I know my contacts are not an issue, but what about everything else? My pics must be on my memory card. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

steveche

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
So there's no native R2D2 file? I only ask because I know that the D2's and R2's exact system version is slightly different.
I'm getting "phone is not compatible" error after executing 100% with rsd, so I'm assuming this does not work with r2d2. Let me know if you have a different experience.

amalthea5

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so much for these instructions. I was unable to boot past the moto symbol and couldn't get to any of my backups but this made my phone usable again. THANK YOU!

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
hope I get an answer on this.... I want to sbf my R2D2 back to a D2 in order to get the GB update. I have not done something like this before, but I am pretty confident I can do it no worries. My question is this; how do I backup my data on the phone to my PC without being rooted? I'm sure I am going to lose everything that is not stock, i.e apps, Go Launcher, etc.... I know my contacts are not an issue, but what about everything else? My pics must be on my memory card. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

These SBF files do not work for the r2d2. I havent really followed the r2d2 because its not as common. but there may be an SBF floating around over at mydroidworld.com. As for losing all your phone data when you SBF guaranteed. If you're not rooted the best you can do is hope that the apps you use backup settings and saved games on your micro SDcard. many do, but a lot don't as well. so i'd just check in the settings of all my applications if i were you.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Re: Lost 3G connection on my Droid 2 (A955)

I recently change my sbf to the blur 300 and lost my 3G connection I have done the factory reset and even tried to re-rooting to see if that would fix the issue. What ca I do to fix this problem?

wasn't that the build that included profiles like the droid pro? i don't know if you;re able to SBF back to froyo then.

wendroid2g

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
The flash worked fine but now My phone won't come out of bootloader. Its stuck there. Tried battery pull, power-x, power-vol-down. Nada

My phone wasn't rooted - It wouldn't accept the OTA to .607 or .608 so I tried this to see if flashing it back to new would work. Now its a brick

gr3yh47

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Cory,
I hope you can help me ... I tried to root my phone with zombiestomped and ended up bootlooping. clockworkmod wasnt properly flashed so I can only get into the stock recovery which wont let me use the backup i did with clockworkmod (was using clockworkmod bootstrapper to get into it).

I tried your instructions but when I hit start in rsdlite it instantly says:
Failed Flashing Process. Failed Flashing Process. (0x7100) phone connected

please help!

EDIT-EDIT-EDIT-EDIT
the 5th post on this page
Droid X stuck at bootloader: failed flashing process. 0x7100; phone connected
solves the above problem

Last edited:

michael styles

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Ok I'm pretty screwed here as I have the Magical " Code Corrupt" Screen & every time I try to flash an SBF back to stock like .29 or .33 I get the error on RSDLite for "Flashing Process Failed". Everything works until it hits the BP Switch portion & I'm not too sure what I need to do in order to fix my phone. As right now it's basically Soft Bricked & unsure what options I do have. Someone Please Help!! Thnx Peeps

Using RSD Lite: 5.5
SBF: .29 & .33 available

anon(627628)

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
There's a different sbf for the Global: 2.4.330. It has small changes, but using 29 will just require you to take 330 anyway if you're going to its gb; if you're going to flash ota gb (which I've done before), 29 works just fine.

michael styles

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I tried to use what was said in the first page & got nothing but errors I've even used the .330 sbf with problems too. Heck I've even updated the drivers for RSD Lite as well too. I'm frustrated beyond belief & never had trouble like this before. The only real reason I care to do this is cause Selling Purposes to get a Galaxy Nexus or Perhaps a Droid Razor either way I gotta fix this phone asap. Thnx!

anon(627628)

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem with my D2g; I downloaded a different sbf file from a different source and didn't have that problem. Just a thought.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d