How to see what apps are hogging data?

steelcurtain11

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Today I've been trying to watch live streaming videos ( football games on streaming websites and right now Diablo 3 streams) but they've been super laggy and usually stop every once in awhile. Is there any way I can see if apps are hogging my bandwidth and slowing my data speeds down?

I'm not rooted, using the android browser, up to date, and on 4G in full service. The site I'm using right now is d3stash.com/streams, it says justin.tv on the top so I guess it's streaming from there.

This is the only option I have to stream videos or even watch youtube stuff since my home internet is super slow. any help is appreciated!

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about data but to find out whats using your battery. (menu, settings, about phone, battery, battery use) Maybe in there you can see what programs are using the most battery and maybe data too. HTH

juju705

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I use Watchdog Lite. It provides a bit more information about battery usage than the phone's settings page. It'll also alert you when an application starts getting greedy, so you can kill it. You can set the level for it to alert you. It itself doesn't seem to take much battery, and fyi, it's not an application killer; it just tells you when you should consider killing. LOL.

kentrol72

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I use System Panel pro. It lets you set a time period to track all app usage and shows what's using the most of your processor/ data / and battery in graph charts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zigzagchamber