How to stop the reply all feature in text messaging

ddickinson

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a funny story about this my wife sent a group messege picture that included her dad and mom. A fiend of ours sent some messages back. Isent a reply and he said what are you **** dialing. Wife's dad(who is altra religious) who doesn't know cell phones called wife and stated he was offended. Wife tells me to stop. Call friends to stop. Father inlaw calls back to apologize after step mother inlaw explains to him what **** dialing is. In the mean time same friend that menchened **** dialing gets into a argument with wife's mom on a seperate text about how he knows her. Moral of the story. When group texting take the time to text parents separately

lilmschatterbox

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I have a Droid 4 & I want to find a feature that disables the reply all feature when I send a group text so everyone included doesn't receive a text back when people respond to me. I use this feature for prayer requests & it's easy to send 1x vs. 25x, however, everyone's response would be best if it only came back to me. Does Droid 4 have such a feature option?

rsw1941

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Perhaps I'm the only curmudgeon in the crowd. But after 24 exchanges, the question really wasn't answered. It was a simple question.

WHEN REPLYING TO A TEXT MESSAGE SENT BY SOMEONE ELSE, THAT I SUSPECT WENT TO MULTIPLE RECIPIENTS, INCLUDING MYSELF, HOW DO I REPLY TO THE SENDER, ONLY? [S4 - latest OS]

Daxrunner

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
All you have to do is exit the original group message, and create your own original message to the original sender.

Better yet, my Verizon Message+ client has an option "Recipients reply to: Just Me / Group". If the original sender only used this option the problem would not exist. However, I have no idea if this option is available for iPhones or outside Verizon.

IMHO, this whole issue could be resolved with (a) a little education on the part of the users. Most of them don't notice that it's a group message when they reply. OR (b) if the programmers would provide Reply/Reply All buttons so it would be obvious which you were doing.

C Mandel

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
You must not be paying attention. EVERYONE I know hates the invasion of privacy provided by group texts. It's like that old adage, "The silent majority isn't silent. THE GOVERNMENT IS JUST DEAF!", only in this case, it's the maniacal moguls behind the developers who really don't care what we think.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
The catch here is probably related to your texting app.

I am using Textra. It lets me choose between replies going to the group and replies going only to me.

FUDDLEYP JONES

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
People send texts to more than one person - that's why this "feature" was created.

It should be assumed that not everyone in my phone knows each other, but at times will receive the same text message from me. The need to respond to a text without fear of revealing your thoughts and phone number to complete strangers should also be an assumption.

The poster has a legitimate issue and this is a crap response! While it's true that one should not text what one does not want to become public, I HATE getting everyone's response to a group text.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Politely ask to not be included. This is what happens when using MMS for group chatting.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JackMarkers