How to switch positions of text and images inside a text message sent using Note 9?

Sophie007

Sep 24, 2018
Visit site
I "upgraded" from a Note 3 to a Note 9.

In the Note 3, for text messaging, when attaching an image to a text - I could move the image below the text, or keep the image on top of the text.
In the Note 3, there was a menu option "Layout (bottom)" - if I wanted to move the image to the bottom within the text.

In the Note 9, has the ability to change the layout between images and text inside a message (Samsung stock messaging app) been taken away?

Thanks!!

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I just checked out what you've mentioned, and yeah, it seems that the photos are put at the top of the message, and there's no choice.

I wonder what order the person receiving the text message sees it in: top or bottom 🤔

I also note, that 300kb is the maximum weight of the photo, and there's no choice given to reduce it.

Sophie007

Sep 24, 2018
Visit site
Thanks Heavens1 for responding!
I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to do on a Note 9, what I could do on a Note 3, especially in regards to such an essential phone app.

Sophie007

Sep 24, 2018
Visit site
KillerQ, Thanks, I'll look at that.
But other than no longer being able to choose whether text is placed at the top or bottom of an image - I also like Samsung messages.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I use Messages+ (Verizon) and there is no way to change it there either. To me, the text should come first in case it needs to describe the picture.