HOW TO: Temp Root for DInc2

spikbeatz

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Spike, in the Bloat Freeze options, make sure the "Titanium Backup Method" is selected for freezing, this will prevent the VZW apps from coming back on a reboot. As for the other apps you named off, freeze them too, because you can not uninstall them yet either.

And yes, when you power off or reboot, you lose the temp root on the device and must do steps 7, 8, and 9 again

Glad you got it working for you, told ya it was easy ;)

Yeah man. I had a small problem with it coming with "$" instead of the "#" but got that solved and was good to go.

I have the "titanium backup method" checked off and turned off my phone and turned it on and what I froze came back. That was one of the first things I did seeing as you all said to do it. :)

So how does that keep things "frozen" when you reboot the phone if rebooting cause you to lose the root access?

I must be missing something here.

So I shouldn't even try to un-install the "shortcut" apps with Titanium back up then? It won't work?

*edit*

It seemed to have worked. I had to restart the phone because Tune In Radio started to ping my CPU to 99% to 100% for no reason. I exited the app but still pulled power. Once it booted up, all the VZW apps I froze were gone in my app drawer. That didn't do it the first time I tried it.

Last edited:

spikbeatz

May 9, 2011
Visit site
hey Lowfire, you think there is a custom ROM out there that would work on our phone? Like, one that gives us the treatment of a FULL root instead of just a temp root? Was looking to really clean this bad boy out if there was one.

I'm starting to get that 'android itch' to want to really dig into this phone. Just curious.

98koukile

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else have a problem with the clock widget about a day or so after temp rooting? My clock just randomly went ten minutes ahead and nothing I did could bring it back. It's not a huge deal because I don't need it rooted all the time, just an interesting thing I noticed

spikbeatz

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else have a problem with the clock widget about a day or so after temp rooting? My clock just randomly went ten minutes ahead and nothing I did could bring it back. It's not a huge deal because I don't need it rooted all the time, just an interesting thing I noticed

I don't really use any clock widget anymore. It didn't do it on mine that I noticed. I also had it set up to show time here in Iraq and D.C. time and it never seemed to get out of wack. Always stayed in time with the system time at the top.

I don't know what to tell ya bud. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

bik2101

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
no it won't erase anything on your phone. and yes, the only changes from the root that would remain after you reboot are frozen apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995