HowToFix corrupted file NookieFroyo on SD

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
I've been playing with NC and roms, getting familiar and getting most items to work. I'm using Nookie Froyo on SD and all was well.. Until I decided to change
the android.policy.jar/services.jar to remove the 'phonelike bars' per directions in tricks and tips.

After copying the originals to save them, I overwrote the ones in system/framework

Now upon reboot I hang with the small 'android' blue lettering.. that's it.
I know it must be something I'd done with the above two files so the question is:

How do I access that area of the SD to restore the orig two files. I brought up the NC rooted Rom and tried root explorer but couldn't find on SD the area I needed (system/framework) I may need to mount it? Or is there a way to access this via ?

Of course this was the lesson to create a ROM or doing backups of where I was before making these types of changes... live and learn. Hopefully someone knows how to access this area for me to copy back the orig files

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok I fixed my own problem, I had access to a linux laptop and installed the SD card there, It provided 4 partitions to me (sdb1/2/3/4 note these are what my linux box mounted them as, it maynot be the real partion names) the framework is in sdb2, the sdcard folder data I'd saved stuff in was on sdb4

I see the android.policy file downloaded was only 825 bytes..
The orig file was 85567
I don't know if the down loadable file is corrupt or that is normal.
I just copied the orig files (whew) into the proper locations on sdb2

NOTE I was a bit confused, there are two framework directories, you need to use the first... sdb2/framework not sdb2/framework/framework

anon(46240)

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Hi,
I've been playing with NC and roms, getting familiar and getting most items to work. I'm using Nookie Froyo on SD and all was well.. Until I decided to change
the android.policy.jar/services.jar to remove the 'phonelike bars' per directions in tricks and tips.

After copying the originals to save them, I overwrote the ones in system/framework

Now upon reboot I hang with the small 'android' blue lettering.. that's it.
I know it must be something I'd done with the above two files so the question is:

How do I access that area of the SD to restore the orig two files. I brought up the NC rooted Rom and tried root explorer but couldn't find on SD the area I needed (system/framework) I may need to mount it? Or is there a way to access this via ?

Of course this was the lesson to create a ROM or doing backups of where I was before making these types of changes... live and learn. Hopefully someone knows how to access this area for me to copy back the orig files

What brand of SD card are you using? I bought a class 10 Patriot 16GB and had the same problems. I FINALLY found a page on xda-developers.com (23 pages into the post) that stated that the 16GB class 10 cards from Patriot, Awin, and Wintec WILL NOT WORK as a bootable drive.

After banging my head against the wall for days, I finally installed to the internal memory. (its just as easy to install to internal memory, maybe one or two extra steps) After installing to internal memory, I have had no problems. Good luck!