Formol

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Hello!
As a canadian buyer I plan to buy a Droid X on eBay (and then unlock it and use it instead of my iPhone). I asked Bell if it was all right to do that, and they just told me that the phone have to be HSPA compatible if I want to use it on their network.

So here is the question : Is the Droid X supporting HSPA?
I've searched on Motorola's web site but I'm not even sure of what I'm supposed to look at! And it looks like Google can't help me for that...
I read somewhere that Bell uses 800/1900 band and the Droid too, does it means that everything is ok?

Thank you!
Also I'm sorry if some of my sentenses looks strange, I need a bit more of practice before being bilingual :)

Formol

Formol

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks (for both post hah!)!
Oh but I'm so disappointed... Is there any US phone that use GSM technology? There's nothing interesting here in Canada... :( (Tell me if I need to start a new topic for that)

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
OP if you have any questions about any other phones please feel free to visit that phones section in the forums. If you have a question that hasn't already been answered then start a thread there about it.

Thanks.

The Atrix is looking like THE GSM phone to have right now. Unless LG announces the 2X soon.

Reactions: Formol

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Often the Motorola Verizon phones get a GSM counterpart called the Milestone - but these are typically a bit behind the times. If you're enamored with the X specifically there are rumors of the Milestone X coming along - but if you just want a high-end 4.3" form factor phone there should be a bunch more to choose from that would be better supported and with the latest technology.

In the US AT&T and T-Mobile are the big GSM carriers, but in Europe the vast majority should work. Just make sure you check that the bands are compatible before you actually write the check :)

Reactions: Formol

Formol

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Thank you all!
The Atrix is way too expensive, I'm a student so I can't spend $800 on a phone... And I want a SD card!

I'll start a new topic in the "General Help" forum, if anyone want to help me to chose the right phone, you're all welcome hah! :)
Thanks for all of your answers and advices!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xenomorf