HTC 10 going back, Note 5 on order

SugarMouth

Trusted Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
After a few concerns with the HTC 10 here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/phone-wars/678717-htc-10-going-back-i-m-going-ios.html I have decided I'll give the Note 5 a go. It's very likely I will buy the 6 but until it's out I'll use the 5. I have a Note 3 I love as a back up.

Funny thing, I have loved the Note series since my first note which was the 2. I skipped the 4 for no reason other than playing with the 6P, S6 and HTC 10. This is not meant to be a this vs that but I look forward to having a more modern Note series in the stable.

I'd be happy to hear of any specific work arounds or Note 5 specific related necessities.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm not aware of any major problems that require workarounds. Are there any potential concerns you have in mind?

SugarMouth

Trusted Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
That's great to hear! I know it seems every device has some issue, just wondering anything on the Note 5.

Posted via the Android Central App

SugarMouth

Trusted Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Been very happy with the Note 5 so far! dbrand got the rear hooked up.
IMG_5969.jpg

I think this will be a permanent replacement for my Note 3.

jiden77

Oct 21, 2009
Visit site
Been very happy with the Note 5 so far! dbrand got the rear hooked up.
View attachment 228131

I think this will be a permanent replacement for my Note 3.

Looks fantastic. Is this your current daily driver? I think what keeps driving me back to iOS is that a boatload of family and friends use iMessage and FaceTime with me, which doesn't make the switch to Android very easy.

I wish Apple would publish these apps in Google Play already...I know there have been recent rumors they might... : /

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I use my Note 5 at home now and have for the past few months.

I use my Note Edge and Note 4 as my daily phones. Too me, nothing beats those.

SugarMouth

Trusted Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Looks fantastic. Is this your current daily driver? I think what keeps driving me back to iOS is that a boatload of family and friends use iMessage and FaceTime with me, which doesn't make the switch to Android very easy.

I wish Apple would publish these apps in Google Play already...I know there have been recent rumors they might... : /

Yes it is my current daily. I picked up the iPhone for half a day and missed the Note and went back to it. As for iMessage I simply turned off iMessage and Facetime on the iPhone prior to removing the SIM then provided others are not using my email to message I'm good to go. Facetime specifically would be challenging as it really is commonly used with so many.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX