HTC 10 vs. S7 - My Experience

skinnytoo2

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I switched from the S7e. I'm loving the 10. I was concerned with the smaller battery because I could barely get through a full day with my edge. But the 10 charges so fast, so with 15-30 min in the middle of the day I am good to go.

Also, the headphone audio on the 10 is fantastic. I workout everyday and this is very important to me. Samsung pay and wireless charging are cool, but certainly not a deal breaker for me with the 10.

I have big hands so one handed operation was possible on the edge, but it never seemed to work well as I was always rubbing the edge portion with my palm.

Lastly, as most here have noted, the fingerprint sensor on the 10 works much better. I like how HTC designed it.

I'll stick with the 10 for a while.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
If my current moto x pure conked out somehow I'd most likely go for an HTC 10. No phone is perfect and most certainly people will find something that doesn't suit them about it. I don't like being glued to headphones when I want to listen to something. Head phones shut out the world and I don't always want that effect. Having my phone sitting on a countertop while I'm busy doing something across the room and being able to easily listen clearly is something that I do a lot and has value to me. So yeah, I'm kind of surprised that the speakers on the 10 are not an improvement over past models. I still like the 10 tho and if I needed a new phone I'd def pick one up.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
the funny thing is when current m7-m9 users were making a big deal about the speakers so many ppl were commenting about how speakers didn't matter bc only "jerks" listen to their phones without earphones, but now htc removed the dual ffs so many ppl are complaining that it isn't as "in your face" (pun intended) as before... htc just can't win lol

this isn't directed at the OP but i've been reading so many threads on different forums about ppl who switched to the 10 from other phones and it's like they are searching for what is wrong with the phone instead just enjoying it...so many ppl seem to be trying to put the phone through these tests of things that aren't everyday usage activities hoping/waiting to find it's fault

Honestly, I am trying to find reasons to keep it, not get rid of it. I really like the 10 a lot. I worry about the camera though. I have taken several shots over the last 2 days with each phone and a lot of the pics from the 10 are washed out and blurry, and that is with the new software.

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I am trying to find reasons to keep it, not get rid of it. I really like the 10 a lot. I worry about the camera though. I have taken several shots over the last 2 days with each phone and a lot of the pics from the 10 are washed out and blurry, and that is with the new software.

I don't understand why u have to try to find a reason to keep it, if it isn't suiting your needs or you think your other phone did better for you just return the 10 and use the other phone... why take the phone through the testing, you saw u preferred the samsung on numerous occasions