HTC Build quality?

Tumaz04

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Since almost everyone in here owns an HTC Eris, I was hoping to get some insight on the build quality of an HTC. I'm interested in the Passion, so I'm trying to get as much info as possible. Are they pretty solid devices?

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I would say great...and definitely better than Motorola...

I have to disagree with you here... especially if I am basing my reasoning with the Droid. The Droid is more solid than any HTC device I've ever owned. I've owned many HTC devices and they consistantly have issues - dead pixels, dust under the screens, etc...

gavin77

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Guess I've just had tons of family and friends with Motorola devices that were just awful pieces of junk....hopefully the moto droid will be better...if the hero is any clue for HTC, the future looks pretty good...

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Guess I've just had tons of family and friends with Motorola devices that were just awful pieces of junk....hopefully the moto droid will be better...if the hero is any clue for HTC, the future looks pretty good...

I really feel Motorola has really took a turn for the best with the Droid. Rock solid phone. As far as HTC, I sure hope my luck gets better with their devices as I've used them for a long time.

weihl165

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Mine feels pretty durable, not as much as my env, but solid. IMO I thouhgt it felt and was built better than the motorola

johncihak

Banned
Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I just got the Eris Friday. Nothing cheap about it. It does not feel like a piece of cheap plastic like the HTC Ozone, more like blackberry. Much lighter feeling than my Moto Droid - its a tank.

occfan

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
the eris is my first htc device ,and feels pretty solid. i have plenty of bb`s, motos,lg,samsungs,and nokias. the moto droid is the most solid phone ive used.the v9m was solid too .it depends on the material that is used to me !

lucky4meman

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I've had my HTC Hero for a week and use it in a very dirty environment and am very rough on it. The build seems very solid and I haven't had any dust or dirt under the screen or behind the battery cover. The screen seems to be pretty resilient to scratches also.

Hope this helps.

uujim

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm happy with the Eris quality. Very good fit and finish. I've dropped it twice with no ill effects at all. The rubberized coating seems to provide considerable cushioning.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
The build quality on the Eris looks good.

However, if you are going to be in a marginal signal area, the Moto Droid is much better at pulling in weak signals. My wife's Eris drops calls (-97 dBm to 0 signal) while my Droid does not drop calls (-86 to -89 dBm) when side by side. We thought the Eris was defective, so we exchanged it for a new one, but the new one is the same. My niece's Hero is also exhibiting the same low signal as the 2 Eris phones.

Sorry for the off-topic post, but I thought you would like to know, as that is the main purpose of a phone, to function as a phone first and foremost.

Edit: Did the PRL update today to 51716 and the signal is acceptable now. Still on the weak side (-89 dBm), but it shouldn't be dropping calls now.

Last edited:

granadzo

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My Eris feels solid and I am coming from a BB Tour which also felt like a solid device. The HTC Hero feels solid but a friends HTC Touch does not feel as good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts